Upgraded NVR - 1 camera doesn't record

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
wbrunc

Upgraded NVR - 1 camera doesn't record

Post by wbrunc »

I have upgraded my NVR from an NVR1104 to an NVR4108-A2. No problems configuring most of my camera's to the new NVR.

However, I have 1 camera that's a problem. I configured it properly because the "Live" view works ( I use the Web Interface to the NVR ).
But, it is the only camera that when I use "Search" to look at earlier video, nothing happens. The screen stays black
even though the timestamped recording bar underneath shows that there has been "Movment".

The camera in question is a IP3M-943W . Both the NVR and the camera have been powered off/on , but that hasn't helped.
I also tried deleting the problem camera and re-adding it. That didn't help either.

P.S. This camera had no problems on my old NVR.

Any ideas ?
Thanks,
wbrunc
wbrunc

Re: Upgraded NVR - 1 camera doesn't record

Post by wbrunc »

Found the issue. For some reason this is the ONLY camera where "Search" doesn't work when I use the "SeaMonkey" browser.
"Search" does work on the camera when I try it in Google Chrome.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry little confused. So your title says it isn't recording yet your post says that it recorded but isn't playing back? Sorry not sure I under stand? Here is a picture of my 4108-A2 with 4 of the connected cameras. Can you post a picture like this so I can see what is going on to that point?
Screenshot (1226).png
Screenshot (1226).png (88.56 KiB) Viewed 944 times
Be Safe.
wbrunc

Post by wbrunc »

To clarify. I believe the camera was recording all along. The problem was with the Browser. I've always used the SeaMonkey browser to access my old NVR1104 recorder and had no issues.
When I upgraded to the NVR4108-A2, any time I did "Search" on this specific camera, the activity circle for the browser would spin forever.
Once I tried using Google Chrome, then the "Search" for this camera would bring up the proper video.
Hope that helps.
Thanks,
Bill
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I know at times it is hard to use other things then what we normally do or want to. However as much as I love Chrome, I use Edge in IE mode for access to DVR/NVR and IP cameras that support WebUI.. I personally would use that as there is much better format for the cameras and work much better then Chrome normal or Edge Normal ever could. While MS says things and then change their mind they have said that they will support the use of IE mode until 2029. So if that is the case by then I am sure updates to Chrome and Edge normal will have better format use in my devices however for now IE mode is best to use.. If you think about it look at these pictures below to just give an idea.. a 16ch NVR in Chrome and Edge normal we are limited to 4 playback or even view windows playback might be more but live view only 4 is the option in Edge normal and chrome yet if you look at the IE mode you can see I can load them all and it works well.. It was easier and smaller image to just do them side by side.. You can see in the 1 left side in the drop down IE mode I can live view all channels.. On the right side in Chrome only option is 4 and or 1 but for grid multi view only option is 4
Screenshot (1256).png
Screenshot (1256).png (170.43 KiB) Viewed 681 times
Be Safe.