unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
nguyen27

unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Post by nguyen27 »

Hi all,
Suddenly this morning I can't access the NVR using P2P from outside. From outside, I can access it using the IP/Domain name. No change to home network configuration.

Model: nv4108-HS

Any idea?
Thanks,
claytontechdept

Re: unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Post by claytontechdept »

Same issue here, cannot remote access any NVR or cameras from any of my 3 sites. Looks like a cloud/infrastructure issue/failure.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You will want to look over your connection and also the P2P area of your NVR to make sure that your P2P is turned on. It might be an issue with a server maybe in a location or maybe a server that serves that area has gone offline. However in my area of the USA my P2P is still working on my Phone app and with devices that I have connected to the Windows ASP. So I would double check to see if in your NVR's that your Network, TCP/IP, P2P and or Network/ P2P that your P2P is showing enabled and confirm that it is offline. I have some devices on the West Coast that I have access to still and I am at my home in the MidWest/Northeast right now.
Be Safe.
beaner2u

Post by beaner2u »

I am also having problems with P2P, while setting up my NV4108E-A2, mine never showed 'ONLINE'. I think my problem may be in the firewall, I do not see my NVR in the 'allowed' list. What do I call my NVR to add it to the firewall allowed list in Windows?

Thanks, Roger Beno
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Kind of hard at times. Best in the way I have done it to give the Device Full access though the Firewall and even that at times may fail if you don't follow the data in the logs. That might be because there is some other IP's that the firewall uses for the device and might block others that it would travel along side as backup. So watching the Logs adding the extra IPs or Ports could make it work as expected.

However hard to say when it comes down to other people Firewall even if you and I used the same one. We might have different format of use so my method might not work for yours.

Logs are your friends when it comes down to failed access or limited access.
Be Safe.
nguyen27

Post by nguyen27 »

Mine P2P status is online, so that shouldnt be firewall issue, no change on firewall anyway.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah if the P2P is online and you can't access it after being able to. This is all different issue then a Firewall issue. Some times the Firewall with P2P don't even matter because the P2P punches though it without intervention however there are some ports that can be closed in your ISP or even your phone service provider. This could be an issue where the routers need to be rebooted or something.

Personally if I have an issue and there are times I will admit that I do, I found most cases I reboot my computer if I am using ASP and have issue. or reboot my phone if using AVP and I can then connect again. If I can't and I happen to be at the location of fault I reboot the Router and my connection is restored.

This can also be a Location issue from time to time. However this would normally show your P2P is Offline and then would be related to the servers being down. Either for repair or maybe just needing a reboot. However as I said I am able to access my DVR/NVR/Cameras that I have setup P2P so then the next issue would be that maybe the DVR/NVR or Camera was setup in the AVP or ASP in what would be Local Only (IP Mode) you want to make sure that you are setting up your Devices in P2P mode scanning the QR Code on the p2P page of your devices page or the SN on the Device it self. If setup using Ip then you are limited to connection on local area network only or over WAN connection if setup to do so.

YOu can tell in AVP or ASP if the connection was local if it shows the IP of the Device and not the SN.. Like the pictures below
Screenshot_20231207_193028_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20231207_193028_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (247.29 KiB) Viewed 7369 times
Screenshot (777).png
Screenshot (777).png (60.97 KiB) Viewed 7369 times
Be Safe.
RAS

Post by RAS »

I'm having similar connection problems a well:

5 separate Amcrest DVRs, in different locations, two different ISPs, all set up on P2P and all continue to work fine on the internal (local) networks.

Systems have been in place and working properly for the past 4 years with good access across the 'net until recently.

Now, over the past month, we've lost the ability to see camera views on each of the 5 DVRs remotely via internet.

It does appear that a small amount of data is occasionally able to get through as sometimes one or two images might be viewable but it's rare when this occurs. We are using the Amcrest View Pro app to access the system on phones.

It would seem to me that it's a server error on Amcrest's end but we've been unable to resolve via tech support.

Any help or suggestions you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thx mardyn & RAS
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@RAS Hello and Welcome to the forum

So a couple of things. First it is hard to tell why a connection isn't working. I will admit just now tried to connect using my Cell phone on the Cell network and it timed out. So I rebooted my phone and tried again. First time I tried it was trying to connect at 4g After the reboot it was able to connect on 5G. So not sure what or why however most times when the system don't connect I reboot my phone.

However if there is more of an issue and could be related to network link between your connecting device and your DVR's network. So then the best thing to try is clicking the button on the top left then Device Management, click the device you want to work with, then pencil, Then in the area where it says how you want your Live View, Try changing from Main to Sub then click Start Live View at the bottom.

Also there is no connection to a Server when you are connecting P2P. Only thing the Server is used for is a Link to your device. The connection is from your device to the DVR and there is nothing between.

So what would I do? I would Reboot your Router/Modem, Reboot your Phone or computer if use ASP. Here is my device and connection via 5g on my cell
Screenshot_20240114_021145_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20240114_021145_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (262.33 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
Screenshot_20240114_021528_Amcrest View Pro.jpg
Screenshot_20240114_021528_Amcrest View Pro.jpg (771.22 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
Be Safe.
RAS

Post by RAS »

Thank you for the reply.

I did try to change Live View from Main to Extra (no sub option on my device) resulting in no change.

We have rebooted phones/routers/DVRs/modems in all locations without success.

The problem is very confusing to me as I'm unable to comprehend how 5 separate systems can all fail in the same fashion
and our attempts at resolving the have been fruitless so far.

So P2P connects the phone directly to the DVR over the internet connection?

Is there some kinda' Amcrest web portal address that could have changed and we didn't get an update notification?

I'm really grasping at straws here.

I appreciate the help/comments/suggestions.