unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Rayzori

Re: unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Post by Rayzori »

Looks like I am able to connect to my DVR through ATT mobile network again as of 20 Feb. I did not change any settings on my DVR or phone. The issue must be through Amcrest or ATT. Can any previous posters confirm that they can connect as well?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@kenf said a couple of days or ago or yesterday. don't remember now, That they were able to connect with cell ATT service again. So my guess is that either ATT, a Service between or Amcrest has cured the issue. because it was not absolute I am not 100% sold on the idea the fault was within Amcrest. The reason I say this is because for it to be a server issue even on a Network of Att level it would have caused the whole system to fail for ATT and T-Mobile. Issue is that only happened to a few people on both networks and what is very strange is that some just like it was a couple of years ago on a Different network *Verizon* were able to connect to devices over P2P in the same location.. My friend I found out last week has Att, He has 18 devices in 2 different locations. For him he could connect to 1 location without fail and the other location his house only was able to connect to 2 of the 6 devices. Even had him add a 7th there that was able to be added and showed it was online but wasn't able to connect to it on Cell service.

Also another reason I am not sold it was an Amcrest fault is besides all that. The ones that you couldn't connect to normally, People could connect to using a VPN.
Be Safe.
RAS

Post by RAS »

Of course it starts working again now...

Last week, we replaced our 3 main Amcrest DVRs with new Hikvison recorders.

I will continue to monitor the remaining Amcrest systems (3) we still have in place.

Thanks to all who have posted and provided input to this thread.

mardyn
slinson

Post by slinson »

not working again :|
jjarkys

Post by jjarkys »

New here but found this thread because I was having the same issue, connecting fine with wifi but couldn't connect on cell service even when p2p was online. I'm in Arkansas, using ATT and iPhone. I noticed someone mentioned VPNs so I turned my VPN off (NordVPN) and it immediately started working on cell service. Adding incase this helps someone else. I didn't even realize I had my vpn on. Appreciate all the contributors to this thread.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@RAS Thought I would mention something that may or may not be important. However if you put your DVRs on the Internet it is something you may want to check just to be on the safe side. Something I found out on my Hikvision DVRs. with some newer Firmware loaded. For my device anyway if I do a Search in the logs for Illegal Login using the DVRs GUI there is none listed *Not even an option to add to a search* so I thought if you happen to have your DVR online by forwarding your PORTS you may want to double check that your logs have that info. The good news for me and I am sure others that have the same issue is that I can find that log by using IVMS4200 *not easy to find there* and also by logging into the DVRs WebUI and doing a search I can also just do a search for Illegal Login as well as login to make sure that there is no IPs that shouldn't have my password logging in. For research I have had my DVR online for little over a week and with in 2 days of exposing my device to the internet I have had over 800 attempts of gaining access.
Just thought I would mention that incase you have your DVR exposed to the Internet.

Remember we are only as secure as the weekest link.
Be Safe.
Be Safe.