unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
slinson

Re: unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Post by slinson »

jholm2024 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:01 am And just like that - a month later.... it magically works :o
Is yours working now? That's awesome!
jholm2024

Post by jholm2024 »

It worked for 3 hours - down again....

Time to find a new camera system vendor.
slinson

Post by slinson »

jholm2024 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:20 am It worked for 3 hours - down again....

Time to find a new camera system vendor.
I'm thinking Hikvision NVR. Hoping it would work with my existing Amcrest cameras.
jholm2024

Post by jholm2024 »

In further testing just now - it would appear that they may have fixed the P2P issue but managed to now break the wifi connection that was working. I can no longer access via wifi but P2P is fine. What a mess....
slinson

Post by slinson »

jholm2024 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:00 pm In further testing just now - it would appear that they may have fixed the P2P issue but managed to now break the wifi connection that was working. I can no longer access via wifi but P2P is fine. What a mess....
Indeed looks like P2P is workingnow!! I just tried and it work for me both on cellular (AT&T) and external Wifi network.
Will try and see if home wifi still works fine once I get back later in the day.
slinson

Post by slinson »

Updates: looks like P2P is down again. It has been intermittent in the past a few hours. No idea what Amcrest is playing with on their end. Darn!
RAS

Post by RAS »

I've attempted to connect several times over the past few days without success. I'm located in North East Texas between DFW & Tyler.

Has anyone else been able to connect using P2P?

I was hoping Amcrest might be alerted to our cause after 60 days of no connectivity.

Anyone?

mardyn
jholm2024

Post by jholm2024 »

It worked for about a day last week - since then nothing and getting absolutely nowhere with support. Do better Amcrest!
jholm2024

Post by jholm2024 »

I will add that when they did have P2P briefly working last week, it broke external WIFI connectivity to the cameras. That was really helpful as well....
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Do you mean the way you were connected before was no longer working when they were keying around in the system?

Here is my guess to what they did. Again this is only a guess.. Because of the way the system is built it is easier to remove a safety block then re-write code to make it so one of the out side brand camera could work for a moment. Lets say Lorex brand. So they remove the lock a short time this lock also allowed your camera at that time to reconnect on normal app normal P2P way.. Then after that Lorex brand was granted access, Used for a short time so the Server had time to add in the SN data for the Connected device and good connection status from an Amcrest AVP app. They then removed the access to the Lorex camera by replacing the software lock so that only Amcrest devices can work on the AVP. Now because of that short relationship the Lorex camera had with the Amcrest P2P server they can take a look at the incoming traffic data for that Lorex camera and the Rejection that it sends back to the Amcrest app user that it was one working with and look at the other data of Rejected connections.

In Summary, They temporarily lifted restrictions to connect a Lorex camera for testing, integrated it with Amcrest app, then reinstated restrictions. Now, they analyze rejection data from the Lorex camera to identify patterns in denied connections for troubleshooting.
Be Safe.