unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Via

Re: unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Post by Via »

On the NVR I let the IP address static, I don’t believe the problem is in your end, Amcrest servers probably are blocking some IP addresses, I sent a ticket to support and they reply that are working on it but they still haven’t found what is causing the problem, they said also to adjust the MTU setting they believe is a potential solution but haven’t done that .. Here is the link they sent on how to adjust that setting.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... est-Camera

Thanks !

Jorge.
slinson

Post by slinson »

Via wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:39 pm On the NVR I let the IP address static, I don’t believe the problem is in your end, Amcrest servers probably are blocking some IP addresses, I sent a ticket to support and they reply that are working on it but they still haven’t found what is causing the problem, they said also to adjust the MTU setting they believe is a potential solution but haven’t done that .. Here is the link they sent on how to adjust that setting.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... est-Camera

Thanks !

Jorge.
Very interesting finding. Thanks Jorge!

I tried a free VPN app which offers a few free servers. A France server worked for me, while the Germany one and Canada one didn't.
Again it is a proof that the problem is not on your NVR settings or mine or anyone else's in this tread, but on Amcrest's server end. For some reason, Amcrest's server started to block/be blocked by North America IPs.

May I ask which VPN app did you use?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I was doing some thinking (One of the things that fails at my age it seems) Anyway, It has been a while but if memory serves me right there was another user that was having same odd issues.

Couple of years ago now another Amcrest Forum member had same type issue, They were in FL and the remote location was in PA. My memory isn't 100% on this, I think they were able to connect with one and thought the other was dead because couldn't access it. After some time I got the info to make a connection to the camera and the camera came online for me. They were not able to make a connection to the camera for a good chunk of time. I am not sure if they ever made contact with Ticket or what all had happened. I do remember that they later reached out and said that it was working again without using a VPN. However I am not sure how long it took for the system to correct it self. Or what lead to the issue being fixed.

Seeing it is late I will reach out to him tomorrow and see if he can come help shed some light on what was going on for his issue. At that time there was a few people that was having issues and it was very strange because it was an iOS device issue ASP and Cell service however I think the ASP was connected to some type of Cell ISP service.. Strange that one or some would work and others were not from this area yet did from mine. At this time maybe he is having same type issues again.
Be Safe.
Via

Post by Via »

Hello, happy to hear that, I started using the free one as well but it worked better with Nord VPN, it is like 50.00 dollars a year..

I also remember this issue happened once in the past this same thing with the IP, time passed by and Amcrest support fixed it and it went back to normal.

Thanks to all !

Regards.

Jorge.
rcdavi3

Post by rcdavi3 »

I've been pulling my hair out over this for over a month now, and finally found this post today. I am having the exact same issues, no changes to my network, ISP, or phone yet p2p suddenly stopped working. If I punch a hole through my firewall and change my config to IP it works just fine. p2p also works inside my home network or if I VPN into my network. Based on a few replies ago, I used ExpressVPN to tunnel into France and suddenly p2p works..... WTF Amcrest, what did you do, what games are you playing? This is definitely an Amcrest config issue.
Rayzori

Post by Rayzori »

I'm having the same issue and it started around the same time frame as everyone else. I've had my DVR setup running for the past 3 years with no issues until Jan, maybe Dec. I have done a factory reset on my DVR, reinstalled the AVP app, installed older versions of the app, verified that I installed all cameras using the P2P method, verified that P2P is online. I am using Galaxy S22 with ATT. My wife has an Iphone also on ATT. I can connect to the DVR through in home wifi but not through mobile network. I have occasionally been able to connect through my mobile network but this has been extremely rare. My wife can connect to the DVR on her phone through mobile 100% of the time. Another test I did was, I connected to my friend's mobile hotspot and was able to successfully connect to my DVR. I have also tried connecting my tablet to my mobile network hotspot and was not able to connect. This leads me to believe that is is in fact my phone. Maybe my MAC address is being blocked somewhere?
RAS

Post by RAS »

It does kinda' act like the MAC address is being blocked by the DVR... but occasionally albeit rare, it will display one or two random camera images while the others continue with the "failed to connect" message. It should be all or nothing if this was the case.

Again, all works as anticipated on the home wifi network but fails to connect via P2P across the internet.

Is there a location in the DVR set-up process to input the mac address for an authorized user? If so, I'm unaware of it.

mardyn
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Under Network, IP Filter is an area where you can input some info. I have some systems that are IP only and others that works with IP or Mac so may depend on your FW on how it will work with your device..
Be Safe.
RAS

Post by RAS »

Yes I saw that after the above post was composed... I might experiment with it to see if it makes any difference with system access.
I'll post my results bu0t I'm not too hopeful.

mardyn
jholm2024

Post by jholm2024 »

And just like that - a month later.... it magically works :o