unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RAS

Re: unable to connect to NVR using P2P from outside.

Post by RAS »

We have 10 members of our Church Safety Team that have access to view our Amcrest recorders... that's 10 different phones and service providers that all lost ability to view the images off site at the same time. I'd say it's very unlikely to be a phone issue... especially since all work perfectly while using the internal wifi network.

My guess is that Amcrest did an update to their system or software and the change has denied access for us. Maybe an embedded IP address was altered
or the like...and Amcrest Tech is unaware of the problem thus far. Is there any way to request a service ticket to be generated beyond the phone support group?

mardyn
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To make a Ticket go here, then on the top of the page click the Request button. Be sure to fill it out 100% because if it isn't complete your ticket might be over looked.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us
Be Safe.
gemon

Post by gemon »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:00 pm Maybe an issue with your Cell Service? You all happen to be using ATT?

Also the person that at one site with 2 NVR's where one can be accessed other can't. Is it the same user that is trying to access the 2 NVR's or is it one that can and different user same location with access to second NVR kind of thing? that can't?

My son on the West cost has iOS that he is using on ATT has no access and my iPhone XR on Verizon can access same NVR even with me in Midwest part of USA. I have over 10 recorders in different locations all of them that I have internet with I can access using P2P using Android and iPhone on Verizon. So if you happen to be using ATT that might be the connection. Just a guess..
2 NVRs on site, one of the NVR can be seen outside of the local network but the other can not. Both of these NVRs were installed via P2P on the owners cell phone and our cell phones, different providers. One of the NVRs shows outdoor cameras, the other show indoors. Only the indoor once can be seen outside of the local network, while the outdoor does not. When on-site, we can see both through the app since we are on the local network, but they would like to see it when they are home if an alarm has been set off.
Same issue when I use Amcrest Surveillance Pro program on my office computer (outside of local network). I was able to see both NVRs but now I can only see the indoor.

I also noticed that if I have my VPN active and connected to a different state (outside of the site where the NVRs are located), I can pull up Amcrest Surveillance Pro program and can view all of the NVRs. Which makes me believe it is what others here have been saying, that maybe one of the servers nearby that the P2P has connected to is offline or they ran an update that now does not allow connection.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Servers don't do anything other then being a Place Holder for Pings. What I mean. When you setup a P2P a server is contacted and (If NVR shows ONLINE) then it is doing its job... Then when the user either a Cell phone or computer using ASP makes a Connection the device makes a request and the server that has been listening says YES I have that PID/SID and here is your Connection.. Out side of that there is no Server Function. The Server has no ability to see the feed or even know what the P2P device is. It only knows that a Device is asking for Connection and if the Server has that it will hand off the connection to the Device... Can you please double check that Both machines are showing that they are Setup and showing ONLINE under P2P... Also So i am clear, There is no Extra Port changes nothing needs to be done seeing the NVRs should have their own IP address INTRANET all port info can and should be left as it was.. I have on my current network 7 recorders, and 1 Hikvision OEM DVR all setup with P2P and can access them all away from home on P2P via ASP/SmartPSS/DMSS in multi system connection and or AVP on my phones.

I would double check that your devices are setup using P2P format. Not just the NVR's are online but that the APP being used is setup in P2P format.. At times if I am going to fast I have setup in IP mode when I meant to have P2P setup.. Device will need to be removed and added back using right format... Also if using ATT that could be an issue as well.. Android and iOS it seems both are having issues using ATT..
Screenshot (1263).png
Screenshot (1263).png (74.28 KiB) Viewed 1192 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought I would point out that there are ways to test in network if your P2P can work or should work.. Now I know not everyone has Routers laying around or Managed Switches *in use*. However in the case someone does you could add a second router to your network. Leaving that router to function as its own. Meaning it gives out a different range of IPs.. However that router is connected to your network with a normal IP that has access to the internet and everything behind that router (Different IP Range) has internet access. Yet because your router don't match in the IP range as your main network then you wouldn't have access to the device behind that router.. So take in my case, My main modem/router is on 192.168.1.x range, my second router (Real Main) is on 10.0.0.x and my xth router is at 10.23.10.x I connect a NVR to that router and setup to get DHCP connection. or a static IP in that range. Once it gets access and online. I can search my Normal Local Area network and that device won't be seen. I can use a NVR like my 4216E-AI that has the ability to pull in different IPs and again it won't find any device behind the IP 10.23.10.xxx yet that NVR shows that it is connected to P2P and I can setup using that SN and it will act like it is off network where it will have to pass out my Lan to the Internet and back to the Lan pass to the next up level lan and it will connect and work just like being away form the house/office.. Just saying for some that might read this and want to test. The key is that the router has a different IP range from your main Router and all devices connected to that other router has access to the internet. Some routers will not like this type of setup but my network has a few different routers setup most in AP mode where it just uses my MIAIN Ip range and extends my Wifi where another router connected has its own IP range for connected devices and has access to use the Internet.

So I am clear, Talking about the other router working as a DHCP server and normal router mode not in an AP or Bridge mode.. By setting up that way one could simulate being off network for testing P2P access...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK so talking with Amcrest support I was told here are some things that needs to happen. I have posted some of the info in another post might have been this one as I have not looked back the other 2 pages... So I made a fast video. Maybe this will help give Amcrest an idea of what is happening so it can get resolved. If you are not willing to show them the info they need they will not be able to Confirm there is an issue and make a Solution in an update...
https://youtu.be/j4npXBW79N0

Really fast, In my video that I have post up above, I mention that Amcrest needs to see the connection from your phone while connected to your Network on the phone, Then turning off your normal network wifi connection and switching over to cell service that the connection isn't working. I fail to mention that in my Video and my video is only showing that my Phone isn't showing service because I have my Router Blocking the local IP and that is why my cell connection is lost. I had to do it this way because my Cell needed to be working as it is projecting AVP to my computer and if I turned off wifi it would have dropped that connection to my computer for the video..

My reply from Amcrest

We ask for your cooperation and participation in this process by providing us a screen recording of your device actively running into this issue so that we can submit it to our team. Within this video we ask that you go into your phone settings and show us your device model name and iOS, next we need you to go into our app using wifi showing that you can get a connection. Finally turn off the wifi and attempt to enter your live views so that we have video proof that this issue is active only when using cellular data.
that maybe a good start.

this is a more general request of information but is good for our tracking purposes:

1) S/N- If you have provided it on the initial form this can be skipped.

2) When did the connection issue start?

3) Was this after a firmware upgrade?

4) Current firmware being used on the device

5) Phone carrier

6) Phone model

7) Phone OS

8) time zone of where the device is located at

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... e-Firmware
Be Safe.
slinson

Post by slinson »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:00 pm Maybe an issue with your Cell Service? You all happen to be using ATT?

Also the person that at one site with 2 NVR's where one can be accessed other can't. Is it the same user that is trying to access the 2 NVR's or is it one that can and different user same location with access to second NVR kind of thing? that can't?

My son on the West cost has iOS that he is using on ATT has no access and my iPhone XR on Verizon can access same NVR even with me in Midwest part of USA. I have over 10 recorders in different locations all of them that I have internet with I can access using P2P using Android and iPhone on Verizon. So if you happen to be using ATT that might be the connection. Just a guess..
The P2P won't work even if I'm on an external Wifi (other than home Wifi). So the cellular provider doesn't appear to be the factor in this case.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, sorry to hear that.

So kind of only leaves 1 thing left before a system reset. This might sound dumb but try it.. change your password to something different and don't use any of the dame special characters that you are using now for testing keep the password to 12 or less total. PaSsWord!2E4 as one for testing. Unless you current special is already ! Then use + in its place for testing see if that cures anything
Be Safe.
Via

Post by Via »

RAS wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:06 pm We have 10 members of our Church Safety Team that have access to view our Amcrest recorders... that's 10 different phones and service providers that all lost ability to view the images off site at the same time. I'd say it's very unlikely to be a phone issue... especially since all work perfectly while using the internal wifi network.

My guess is that Amcrest did an update to their system or software and the change has denied access for us. Maybe an embedded IP address was altered
or the like...and Amcrest Tech is unaware of the problem thus far. Is there any way to request a service ticket to be generated beyond the phone support group?

mardyn
Hi, I have the same issue since December, it is not ATT or Spectrum ISP’s, in my case, what I did was to install a VPN on my iPhone then select Mexico server for example and it worked, I can see my cameras now,, I don’t know why they are blocking USA ip’s, my Service is ATT and home wifi is spectrum and both can’t go through.
Hope this work for you all and Amcrest to solve the problem soon.

Thank you and have a great day..

Jorge.
RAS

Post by RAS »

"what I did was to install a VPN on my iPhone then select Mexico server for example and it worked, I can see my cameras now,,"

That's pretty interesting and seems to indicate that possibly our IP address may be a source of the issue.

Does the IP address for the DVR remain constant/static or can it be set to dynamic and still function?

I'm beyond the edge of my technical knowledge here already so please bear with me.

Thanks to all who have commented and are keeping this thread current/active.

mardyn