Trying to add an IP8M-2496EB to a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
khult

Trying to add an IP8M-2496EB to a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR

Post by khult »

As the title says, I'm trying to add an Amcrest IP camera to my existing Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR.

When I got the camera, I figured ONVIF support on both sides would make it a plug & play scenario, but that has not been the case. The NVR sees the camera, but depending on my various attempts to access the video stream, I get various errors including "IP camera exception".

I've tried adding it as plug & play IPCAM, manual IPCAM, ONVIF, RTSP (using a custom protocol specifying the RTSP stream path)... All with no luck.

When configuring the camera through the NVR web interface or iVMS, here are the things it needs to know:

- Protocol (multiple options here including IPCAM, ONVIF, HIKVISION, VIVOTEK... But of course no AMCREST -- this one has the option of creating a new camera profile, which I was able to do successfully for my Samsung Smartcam once I knew the RTSP path)
- Management Port (defaults to 8000)
- Channel (defaults to 1)
- Username (admin?)
- Password (admin?)
- Transfer Protocol (Auto, TCP, and UDP are the three options)
- Adding Method (Plug & Play or Manual are the only options)

If I want to create a custom protocol, here are the additional bits it asks for:

- Protocol (RTSP is the only option here)
- Transfer Protocol (Automatic, UDP, or RTSP over RTP
- Port (guessing 554 here)
- Stream Path (**this one is a big black hole to me - I think if I knew this I could figure the rest out)

I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Trying to add an IP8M-2496EB to a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly I am not sure how that is going to work... With a Hik camera I am sure it is fine as it knows the info as it needs now...

For my Hikvision 16ch DVR with 2ch IP for a total 18ch setup I just go to my camera area of the DVR and if the new camera not in the list already I click search.. Then it finds the Camera and has the Protocol already setup for me only thing I had to do after this was change the Default password to my Password for the camera...

So while I do use CMS AKA iVMS it is lacking when it comes to trying to setup something that isn't already in my machine...

Only other thing I can think of is maybe the IP camera is over Encoding for the NVR type... I mean most times trying to connect a 8mp camera to a 2mp or 4mp NVR will result in a failed connection unless you down Encode the camera and Preset the camera at a Lower Res before installing it to the System... I have a 12mp that I can connect to my 8mp NVR and when I go to the camera webUI it will no longer show 12mp Res in the Encoding page until I remove from my NVR... If I was to install it on my DVR because it is a TVI 2mp unit I can set the camera at 1080p and search and it will find it. However if I had it setup for 8mp or even more then 2 the DVR fails to locate the camera...

While I am not saying that our systems are the in this way as most systems sadly even from same maker are not always equal in abilities unless they are same model with same FW...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry Incase things are the same as they should be...

You would want to set it up under ONVIF and Port would be 37777 However you might want to look in the WebUI of th camera and make sure there was no changes in Config..
Be Safe.
khult

Post by khult »

Thank you Revo. I feel like I've tried every permutation of ports and protocols and nothing works.

I was, however, able to access it if I install it on my home network and then access it from the NVR. Takes away the benefits of the POE and keeping the traffic confined to the NVR's network though. I'm still trying, and am amazed at how unhelpful Amcrest has been -- via phone call and email, their only reply is that they don't recommend mixing manufacturers of cameras and NVRs. Nobody seems even willing to try, and I can't possibly be the first person ever to try to hook an Amcrest camera up to a Hikvision NVR.

I discovered the proper path for the RTSP feed: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 but despite knowing that, I still can't access it.

The funny thing is -- Amcrest gave me this camera for free to review. I told them my system setup with the HikVision NVR and their PR / tech support people gave it the okay. Not sure how they thought they'd get a glowing review knowing that I couldn't hook the camera they gave me directly up to the NVR.

I'll keep trying, and again, thank you very much for your help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it is true that the 2 platforms are not on the same field...

So that makes it little more understanding if I read your last post correctly...

So using a POE port on the back of the NVR will most likely only Connect to Hikvision IP cameras or Hikvision OEM branded IP cameras and sadly this might not be 100% correct at that... I know some companies have Locks in the camera hardware or software that makes them only work on their system and this might be the case for your NVR... Also some might have better Ability then another because of this.. Some might let you connect but because it isn't same brand might have Motion turned off because the Motion is part in the camera and part in the NVR/DVR and won't work if not same brand...

Sadly I have to many CVI camera DVR's because of this issue lol... I bought some PTZ CVI cameras and when I went to install them on my unit it wouldn't work.. Come to find out the DVR was Brand Specified however wasn't written in the manual that way lol.. Oh well.. So Now I have 4 different CVI dvr because I can't just have one of something lol...

So with that said.. You will want to find Hik IP cameras for your POE ports and use the non Hik cameras on the ONVIF settings...

I have Samsung Cameras and other Cameras on my Amcrest NVR's however non of my NVR's are POE because I have 2 managed Poe and POE+ switch that I would much rather use then be locked out of the cameras if hidden behind the NVR's...

About the Reviews... Personally I would Review the Quality of the Camera and add in that (if you were to like the Quality) that it wasn't able to Connect Directly with your NVR but you liked it or Hated it how ever it is.. Sadly with the Brand of a system not even in the same branding type would make it hard to dislike it because it don't connect to the HIK POE port... Point is that it will connect.. And maybe they were looking for Review of the camera on a Stand alone as there are many people out there that have only 1 camera or 2 maybe but each is their own...
Be Safe.
khult

Post by khult »

Thank you again for replying Revo. I suppose you are right and that I was expecting too much plug&play interoperability. So I'll tweak settings for another day or so and then revert back to the off-network access. Not a big deal but just frustrating because like I said, I was supposing more.

It certainly never occurred to me that companies would lock their little ecosystem - I thought ONVIF was the antithesis of that (but your last paragraph makes me think I misunderstand ONVIF too...).

I appreciate the time you've spent helping me with this - it's certainly more than Amcrest has done.
meabe

Post by meabe »

I managed to successfully integrate the ASH21-B with a Hikvision NVR. Here's my step-by-step guide:
  1. Identify your camera's IP: You can do this using the Amcrest IP Config tool.
  2. Create custom protocol on NVR: Sign in to your NVR and establish a custom protocol. I called mine "Amcrest". The following details were utilized for the main and sub streams:

- Protocol Name: Amcrest
    - Protocol: RTSP
    - Transfer Protocol: Auto
    - Port: 554
    - Main Stream Path: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&authbasic=64
    - Sub Stream Path: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&authbasic=64

3. Manual Selection: Next, choose 'manual' and pick the custom protocol "Amcrest" that you just formed from the drop-down menu. Here, input your camera's IP, your username, and password.

Upon completion, your camera should display as online. If not, ensure the camera and network are within the same network domain.
  4. Setting up image streaming: One more step is necessary to stream the image to your TV. In the Amcrest IP Config tool, click 'Settings', input your user password, and again navigate to settings. Change your Encode mode to H.264.

God luck and enjoy your streaming on your Hikvision NVR.
Jays

Post by Jays »

Dear maebe,
THANKS A MILLION for your solution, which worked great for me!
How did you ever figure out the mainstream path?
Would you expect this configuration to work for other Amcrest cameras (on the same HIK NVR)?