Third Party Camera Questions

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
robmc5

Third Party Camera Questions

Post by robmc5 »

I know Amcrest does not recommend third party cameras but I have read numerous posts on this forum where users have been able to get third party cameras working. I have an Amcrest 4K NV5216E-8P that is replacing a 8 channel Foscam NVR. I have 4 PoE foscam cameras and 4 wireless foscam cameras that were working fine on the Foscam. I am able to get the 4 Poe cameras working (although it was not easy) but I cannot get the 4 wireless cameras to work. They all show up red in the Amcrest NVR. All the PoE cameras are connected to the switch on the Amcrest NVR and are on a different subnet (I don't understand why the switch has to be a different subnet but that is another discussion). The wireless cameras are all on my primary subnet and I can ping and connect to them via their web interface.

On the Amcrest web interface I am getting “The login return time us up” and on the monitor connected to the NVR I am getting “Invalid username or password”. I know the username and password is correct because I can login to the camera's web interface. I have all the wireless cameras setup as the type ONVIF and I am sure the ports are all correct, I have the ONVIF ports all set at 888. There is no type for Foscam in the camera setup. One of the wireless cameras is even pulling the model number on the Amcrest NVR but there is no video.

I have tried connecting a wireless camera to the NVR switch port and it pulled a IP from the NVR but there was no video. I am pretty familiar with NVR and camera systems as well as networking but I cannot figure this one out.

I have two Amcrest cameras on order to see if that makes a difference but I would think the Foscam wireless cameras would work fine.

Sorry for the long thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
robmc5

Re: Third Party Camera Questions

Post by robmc5 »

Just to add, I took a Foscam R2 camera and reset it and went thru the setup again and the Amcrest saw it, I added username and password in the Amcrest camera setup and hit connect, it went green for a second and back red again. Every time I hit connect it will go green and then back red. I can connect to the camera web interface fine......
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would double check the cameras PORT ID and make sure that you have it connected to the right Port of the camera.. I am not saying this is the case but I know that on my Foscams I have to use 888 for the port. Also uses ONVIF
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
robmc5

Post by robmc5 »

Revo, thanks for the reply, I have the port set at 88 and the ONVIF port set at 888, basically the default, this is the same for the wired cameras and they are working fine. I actually did get one wireless camera working about an hour after posting this, so there is hope they all will work.

Thanks again for any feedback!!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry only thing I could think of. Port 88 is for the cameras WebUI and port 888 is for Onvif of setting to a NVR. Outside of that there are some cameras out there that are setup to only work within the norm of their own recorders. Maybe the Wifi cameras that you were working with are the same type deal. I know you said that you got one working however if it don't work long it might have (Amcrest Recorders) might have the ability to pull in a Foscam for a short time before the camera shuts off the connection. (Don't know as I said I just know mine works on 888 over wire or wifi on mine port needs don't change.. I have a camera from a OEM Hikvision company from many moons ago. worked for hours trying to get it to connect to my Amcrest NVR or any of my NVR's. I have one of their DVR's with 2 IP channels and I can add all my Amcrest cameras to it and pulled that camera out and thought lets try this one again. Sure enough it connect like Magic. Try on Amcrest nothing. Even changing different connection rules and rights within the camera and still nothing. I have older Hikvision OEM DVR from different company but still a Hik product thought it will connect to this and thought for sure it was going to with a Blip of video on the screen and have a green dot for connected device however that product has something that will not connect to anything outside of it's own brand and find that sad..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Something else I just thought about and I forget a lot with these cameras. I am sure you already know as you have so many already connected but admin user normally is not a good user once setup. Just something that came up and thought it could be an easy oversight. (For me anyway seeing I have so many that is just admin)

Sorry was able to be more help. Also keep in mind Amcrest pages on all devices does say they have limited 3rd party and words like can work with some and with foscam having their name on that list. Maybe there was a known line of cameras that don't work well within the Amcrest family of cameras even though they were at one time partners back 8+ years ago..
Be Safe
robmc5

Post by robmc5 »

Thanks again for the reply. I will definitely add anopther user and not use the admin account once its setup up. I got two more wireless cameras working but its strange how I had to do it. I have to reset the camera, add it and then set it to Self Adaption, save it then enter the username and password and hit connect and it will go green, if I do it any other sequence it will never go green or it will go green for a second and then back red...its crazy, I also just figured you cannot change the channel number, you have to delete the camera and add them in the order you want them to show up, now when I do that I have to repeat the process in the same order for it to go green again, so weird. I have worked in IT for two plus decades and seen some crazy things and this ranks up there. I have two amcrest cameras coming in tomorrow and I am anxious to see how easy they are to setup.

Thanks again fore the advice!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OMG Ever since they made some changes to this FORUM GRRRRRRRRRR... I had a whole page wrote up, Went to full to add some pictures and it wanted me to do CAPTua or however it is spelt and I went back to copy my text so I didn't have to ReWrite it and it is GONE!!!!!

So sorry this not going to be as in Depth and Pictures are as nice as 1000 words anyway lol

So first of all in Contrast. If you have not updated your FW I really would to the new 4.0 FW Both new and old have same Flaw that I found in 4.0 so it really don't matter what version is being used.. Looking at my pictures if your on the Older FW you will see it is much better looking then the old menus...

Then as I was saying When you add your cameras it will be like Magic and come right online but that isn't secure please log in your NVR's WebUI and go to the cameras menu and click on the e for the camera it will open a new tab with new port for the camera on your NVR's IP but different port number that will forward to your camera. IT will ask you update your cameras password Please do it.. Then exit the webUI after you look around if you wish but what is important is that you get back tot he NVR's camera list and click the Pencil and edit the password to the new password so the NVR can keep recording the camera..

I use IE there is things in the Chrome that is missing and I prefer the full meal deal and ( I won't be happy when IE is no longer) because NO ONE seems to be able to make all things in Chrome look as nice with all features that is able to in IE, I have many different hardware and all of them are Lower in Chrome in features and one of them I own don't even work in Chrome even though it was designed around it and I was not going to pay to Send it back for a Replacement to the other company I Find that BS having to pay crazy Ship rate and wait for their Hardware dept to test even though I made many videos showing the isses.. ANyway sorry.. about my RANT so I use it in IE lucky that HIK OEM works in IE for now as well..

Anyway back to your look at the photos below to get idea.

In your WebUI of theNVR there should be e if not then the pictures I have of my 4116E-HS shows where in 4.0 to turn on Virtual Host, First Picture is of my 4216e-AI NVR and realized that it has V host turned on by default... No on or off button on that NVR..

Main 4.0 page only different in non AI is the IA icon isn't there..
Screenshot (1777).png
Screenshot (1777).png (169.72 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
This is where you would click the e in the NVR WebUI to gain access to the cameras WebUI over the NVR's IP:10080
Screenshot (1779).png
Screenshot (1779).png (104.69 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
If you look at your camera area on the NVR and you don't see an e on the right like the picture above then make sure this is enabled
Screenshot (1778).png
Screenshot (1778).png (77.27 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also add your cameras where you want. Then on the NVR's GUI after logging on the NVR as admin right click anywhere on the screen it brings up a menu with Main Menu at the top There should be an Option called Sequence click that and drag and drop your cameras to your new location then click apply So lets say you have a camera in location 16 but want to have it on space 4 then drag and drop 16 to 4 Then when you do your splits like wanting to use 1-4 split view 16 will now be in the 4 spot... Just remember when your setting up your NVR that 4 isn't 4 anymore it is really 16.. You will get it..

Also first thing I would do is go to your NVR's GUI, click on Storage, Management, Schedule, then top center click Snapshot then pick all for Channels and all for days and remove the Regular or your NVR will be storing every camera 1 image a second of every day and 6tb 3 cameras on my 4116e-HS only 22 days of normal full time recordings lol.. That was 2 8mp cameras set encoding 6mp and a 4mp set at 3mp encoding I would have to look at back up footage from last year to remember what the pictures were being saved at I think they were full 8mp and 4mp not sure right now.. I just now that anyone with more cameras and higher MP will not get many days and won't understand why... I do have some that are on Hourly Snapshots and motion setup is still active for all of mine..
Be Safe
robmc5

Post by robmc5 »

Revo thanks for the help!! I just typed a long reply only to lose it all when I tried to post.. I agree this forum needs some help!! Basically I am good, well sort of, all the Foscam and Amcrest cameras are working now. I do have two issues. One is the "User is Locked" error on the app. I have to restart the NVR daily to get past that and the other error is the " Resources not sufficient" error when I try to view more than seven cameras at a time. I am working on these error and I will post if I cannot find a solution.

Thanks again for the help!!