Surveillance Pro Issue

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jinohio

Surveillance Pro Issue

Post by jinohio »

I installed Amcrest Surveillance Pro in February this year, along with an NVR (NV4108-HS-V2) and 4 cameras. Everything has functioned without any issues until a couple days ago. I typically look at recordings in the morning to see what critters snuck onto my property during the dark of night. For whatever reason, yesterday morning the software no longer works. When I open the application, it begins as normal, then just disappears. I also installed the ConfigTool, which still functions fine, allowing me to do live views and playback.

So the question is, can I reinstall Surveillance Pro over the existing install? Do I need to uninstall first? Can I save config files to copy back after a reinstall? I did send a support request to Amcrest and will probably not do anything until I give them a chance to respond, but thought to post this to see if others have had the same issue and if so, how it was resolved.

Also, software is installed on a Windows 8.1 machine. I don't do auto-updates, have not installed other software or made any changes that could possibly have an affect on ASP.

thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Surveillance Pro Issue

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So I can't say why your software is acting up. I am going to make a guess seeing you didn't post a reason that your using the ASP over WebUI of the NVR or GUI of the NVR. So my guess is that maybe your trying to use this over a Remote connection. In this case if your using a P2P connection with ASP there can be an issue with your Router at either end as there is nothing between once a connection is in place.

So what can someone do? Well first off all. If you don't restart your computer and only let it go to sleep (reboot computer), Then reboot Routers if that didn't help. Or try routers first either way no matter what anyone says computers, DVR/NVR and routers need to Reboot every so often for good use...

IF that isn't the case and your making your connection on a IP in your local area network. Then again first steps would be Reboot NVR, then Reboot Computer and Router...

From time to time I let my computer go on for a while without a Reboot (Going to sleep isn't a Reboot) and when things like this happen first I reboot my Computer, Then DVR/NVR and if that didn't cure it then my Router.. Normally after all been rebooted all back to normal..

About Reinstalling your software to be honest if there was an issue with the system and the Config file is for what ever reason bad I personally wouldn't reinstall over the old install, Most times it will not change the issue within the files where the issue is... So Remove and Reinstall and don't do a Export or import of bad data either.. If you import something before things went bad from an older export before the issue came about then that should (could) be fine..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jinohio

Post by jinohio »

I'm usually guilty of holding back details. My NVR, Cisco PoE switch, modem, router, and a couple other chunks of hardware are all stashed away in my basement. Cameras all route from outside locations to that area in basement. My NVR connects to router and I access everything via network and ASP on my laptop. Also to note, I have the Amcrest View Pro on my phone, which still works fine. I have done the reboot on all devices. (A first reaction to us Windows guys!) I wanted to clear up one comment on opening the ASP. It opens a pop-up window to ask for permission to make changes to computer, which it always does, then the pop-up goes away, as it always does. The only difference now is that nothing ever happens. Before it would open the application.

No reply from Amcrest at this point, although I'm probably a little impatient.

thanks
jinohio

Post by jinohio »

Replay from Amcrest Support is to uninstall, then re-install. Not really what I wanted to hear, but not surprised. I guess I'm free to experiment at this point.

Will update if I happen to find an easy way out.
jinohio

Post by jinohio »

Tried a few things, but to no avail. Did the uninstall and install. Magically, all I had to do was to re-add my devices and everything seems to be still set to my old configuration. I'm taking a backup now!