Surveillance Pro Access with/without internet

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
MarkinGA

Surveillance Pro Access with/without internet

Post by MarkinGA »

New to the forums so apologies if this is an old topic. My question is regarding camera access with and without internet access being available using Surveillance Pro. I live in a rural area where DSL internet is the only option. When our ISP is operating normally all is well and our cameras can be accessed both locally and remotely. What I noticed however was if I was using Surveillance Pro connected to my local home network which the camera nvr is connected to and my ISP goes offline for some reason camera access goes away. I learned awhile back that I could still access them directly through IE and the NVR Web login. My question is if my computer with Surveillance Pro and the camera system are both on the same local home network what difference does it make if the internet is available or not? Why does the software apparently REQUIRE an internet connection to connect to local cameras? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
longedge
Site Admin

Re: Surveillance Pro Access with/without internet

Post by longedge »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The problem is almost certainly because you added the device/s to ASP using the P2P option. Try deleting the devices and then add them again but using the option "IP/Domain (Recommended)"
add device.jpg
add device.jpg (22.93 KiB) Viewed 791 times
My AMCREST Cameras:-
2 x IP3M-941B firmware V2.620.00AC00.3.R, Build Date: 2019-12-18
1 x IP2M-841B firmware V2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2019-08-03
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Surveillance Pro Access with/without internet

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes the issue is as longedge has mentioned. However be it known if you take away the P2P you use to access the system your Remote connection will fail only Lan based connections will be able to happen...

So there are some things you can do. 1 Setup a System for Local access, Then Setup a System for Remote access that will have different phone or Tab to access your Remote session..

OR lets say you only have 2 cameras that are needed while away you could setup the 2 cameras in your phone as P2P that would be different to your ASP setup all together.. So as said before Setup in ASP using IP/Domain then in your phone setup your cameras that you want remote access to with P2P option.. Then your connection is to the 2 cameras you wanted...

But yes if P2P is used for access in ASP then your system will not work even local when the Internet is out or on slow speed...
Be Safe.