Static IPs for cameras on NV4108E-A2

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
swbrains

Static IPs for cameras on NV4108E-A2

Post by swbrains »

When I use the Amcrest View Pro app on my phone and go to the menu (upper left), then Configuration Center, then IP Settings, there is a message that it's recommended to use a static IP address for the cameras to ensure the addresses don't change on a reboot of the NVR.

Is there a way to view/change this setting somewhere in Amcrest Surveillance Pro on my PC? I went into the Device Config page and went through the various sections of settings but can't seem to find it. The only setting I could seem to find was the static IP for the NVR itself, not for setting each of the cameras.

BTW, I am using 5 Amcrest cameras connected directly to the NVR's POE ports, so the NVR is setting the camera IPs rather than my router.

Thanks!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Static IPs for cameras on NV4108E-A2

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Your NVR and your cameras are setup there is normally nothing you need to do after setting your camera on your NVR. (I personally would change the Admin Password for the NVR and click Ok to Sync to the cameras) this will change all the passwords from admin admin to what your NVR's password is and when you need to make a Virtual Host connection to the camera in the Future it will already have a different password so it won't make you change it and loose the feed after doing so. It is an Important early step after setting up cameras to POE NVR. For Safe Use..

Normally PORT on a NVR work as 1-8 in a way like 10.1.1.65, 66, 67,68,69,70,71 and 72. Now that number scheme can change if you were to take a camera from say port 3 and later put on port 5. It would change that IP and normally on mine anyway goes to 10.1.1.128 starting..

I don't know the Message you are talking about. I personally have not seen it on any of the NVR's I have (That I remember) What I do know is that cameras that would be connected to your normal side Network (Area you computer, phones, printers and such are) those cameras should be accessed using the cameras WebUI and a Static IP should be set there... This way when and or if there is a power issue that cycles the Router and cameras the cameras can have the same IP after start up. If static isn't setup for them the Router might try to hand out a different IP and if the NVR wasn't on it might not notice the IP change and then your camera lets say you had in Ch7 was a Wifi camera if it had different IP then when you setup Ch7 it will no longer show up on the NVR...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
swbrains

Post by swbrains »

Thanks for your quick reply. In the Android app, under the menu, I choose "Configuration Center", then "IP Settings", then my NVR name ("Home") and it shows the attached settings page and message.

So are you saying since my cameras are connected directly to the POE ports on the back of the NVR, if the NVR loses power and reboots, it will reassign the same IP addresses to the cameras and I won't need to go back into the NVR and replace the old camera entries?

Or, does it reassign new IP addresses and automatically update its internal camera list to reflect the new IPs?

Either way would be fine, as long as I don't need to re-setup my cameras in the NVR every time it loses power.
Attachments
Android app screenshot
Android app screenshot
Screenshot_2022-06-25-14-40-23-85_3e071f441a29fa78e1470f530558f37c.jpg (220.48 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh ok. Yes that message is normally for anything else. The NVR says it is setup Static already..

So yes the NVR gives the Cameras a IP address Per it's PORT. So starting in Port 1 that would read normally 10.1.1.65 and port 2 would be 10.1.1.66 and so on. However as I said if you took a camera from port 2 and put on port 4 or some other port then it could change to a higher non used before port like 10.1.1.128

When the NVR Reboots or you shut down and start up again as long as the Cables and cameras are not changed they will start back up where they were assigned to start with..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe