Setting BUZZER Hours?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mitch5252

Setting BUZZER Hours?

Post by mitch5252 »

Is it possible to set the buzzer to work during certain hours and not work during others? Right now, I turn it on when I get up, and off when I go to bed (spiders and bugs set it off ALL night! : :oops: )

Thanks for your help.
James.S

Re: Setting BUZZER Hours?

Post by James.S »

Mitch5252,

Unfortunately, you will not be able to set a schedule for the buzzer, However, we have seen customers with this situation and adjusting the Sensitivity/Threshold within the camera usually reduces or removes bugs triggering the device.

Also, a great solution, if this is at night I advise customers with a lot of bugs in the are to use a separate IR blaster/flood light to illuminate the area at nights and turn off the IR lights within the camera. The bugs will be attracted to the floodlight and not the camera.
NV2108HSUser

Re: Setting BUZZER Hours?

Post by NV2108HSUser »

Two options:
- Tape over the buzzer hole, that quiets it to nearly nothing, if you in fact want it at all.
- Take a pair of pliers and just break the plastic case on the buzzer, then pull out the metal disc. That will disable it for good.

I did this because I didn't want it beeping on reboot, which is annoying AF at 1am.