Saving Video to USB

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hawkeye62

Saving Video to USB

Post by hawkeye62 »

I have an NVR-4108 on a home network with three IPM-941B and one AD110. Everything works perfectly. I can play back events and continuous video with no problems. Two of my cameras recorded an attempted burglary and long story short, police viewed my video and asked for the video on a USB. I have no idea how to copy a segment of video from the NVR-4108 to a USB or even if it is possible to do so. I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Saving Video to USB

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So take your Thumb Drive and install in the Front USB slot of your NVR, Then go to your Playback area of the NVR and setup to playback the Event in Question. Once you get to the Start of the Event Press the Snipping Icon (Cutting Tool) Then let the Event Play back and once to the End of the event click the Tool again. Then before you press stop click to the Right it will show a Diskette looking thing that is how you will save it, It will ask you for where, I always Name my Events in a Folder for it but you can just Save to the Thumb Drive without naming a folder.. Once it is done saving I back out of the Playback to Live View again...

Don't know how many Cameras have footage but needs to be done for each as I have not been able to do one as a whole like I can on another system I own..

Also I don't know how you have your system setup but I would also play back leading up to the Event to see if there is anything that has any info to a Pre Event. Sometimes there can be Casing or other things that can lead up to the Crime and is good also if you have audio because at times when casing a joint you can hear plotted ideas. However make sure your State isn't one that isn't allowed to Record Audio without their consent as you don't want a case dropped on having to much footage..

Edit, Also in the Event of a Audio issue for your current camera if there is Audio and your State don't allow, Make sure to MUTE that in playback because again that could get your case tossed
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Revo: Thanks very much for the explanation!!

Best regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Just to follow up, I have been able to get the clips onto a USB stick. But, the files are .DAV files, so I found a .DAV player and all is OK. Thanks again for the help.

Regards, Jim