Remote Viewing Issue with New Camera

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Gman34798

Remote Viewing Issue with New Camera

Post by Gman34798 »

I've been running an Amcrest NVR for several years now and use the AmcrestView Pro app to remotely view my cameras through the NVR.
I just added a new Amcrest POE turret camera and it set up as usual and functions great...but I am missing something in the setup I guess. I can view the camera locally as long as I am on my WiFi, but have not been able to view it remotely at all as of yet.

Any ideas what setting I may be missing? The settings appear identical to another turret I have, and it is viewable locally and remotely.

Any input welcomed!

Thanks in advance.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Remote Viewing Issue with New Camera

Post by Revo2Maxx »

If you setup your camera with IP address then that is what your missing. You will want to remove the camera and setup using P2P by scanning the SN for the camera. or you will want to bring up the camera WebUI and go to the P2P area of the camera and 1 make sure it is turned on and second at that point you can also scan it if you are not able to scan the SN for the camera on the device. You can most times scan it from the Network P2P page on the Cameras WebUI..
Screenshot (760).png
Screenshot (760).png (113.63 KiB) Viewed 4047 times
Be Safe.
Gman34798

Re: Remote Viewing Issue with New Camera

Post by Gman34798 »

Thank you Revo2!
That was a quick and easy fix...took less than 5 minutes to get me remotely viewing.