Remote camera display with NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
kmoravec

Remote camera display with NVR

Post by kmoravec »

I have setup an Amcrest NVR and 4 cameras at my summer home in Michigan. I think it is working O.K. but I am still tweaking the motion detection.

I am in Texas and on our Texas house I have a monitor in the kitchen that shows all the 8 Texas cameras. I want to be able to see on another monitor the 4 Michigan cameras.

I have been able log in as a user, and display the live feed on my Linux Firefox browser. And it seems pretty steady. It looks like it is averaging about 160 kbps. I have broadband internet in both places, with 50 Mbps. So it is a fraction of the bandwidth on both ends.

When I go to full screen so I do not see the controls I do not have any pan and tilt or zoom cameras. So that is preferred.

I want to use a Raspberry Pi because it is low power and have it just display the same full screen display I get when I use the mouse to select full screen. How do I make that automatic when the raspberry pi boots up?

I think I can figure out how to bring up the browser with the DDNS address, but I do not know how to simulate the mouse click to make it go to display all 4 cameras, and then select full screen mode. How can I do this?

I am currently using port 443. Is there a better or different way to do it?

Thanks,
Kip