Problem saving configuration via API

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ivordurham

Problem saving configuration via API

Post by ivordurham »

I'd like to backup my IP2M-844E camera configuration. It looks like this functionality is only available via the API. I'm using the 2.12 specification (2017-03-15). I can successfully get a snapshot from the camera via the API using the "/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?channel=1" query providing the admin user and corresponding password. SImilarly, I get a response with "/cgi-bin/netApp,cgi?action=getInterfaces". However when I substitute the "/cgi-bin/Config.backup?action=All" query from page 89 of the spec, I get a "401 - Unauthorized" response. (I have a test script which iterates over these three queries, appending the path & query in the same basic "http://user:password@cameraIP" URL.)

Is the documentation for backing up the configuration correct? If so, why am I getting an Unauthorized response using the same user ("admin") and password as the other two queries when the user has full privileges?
jack7

Re: Problem saving configuration via API

Post by jack7 »

ivordurham wrote:I'd like to backup my IP2M-844E camera configuration. It looks like this functionality is only available via the API.
That functionality is available as described here:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... The-Web-UI
ivordurham

Re: Problem saving configuration via API - RESOLVED

Post by ivordurham »

Nothing was happening when I clicked the Export button, so I watched the browser interactions with the camera using Fiddler and found it was getting a lot of "404 - Not found" errors for files it was trying to load from the camera. It turns out I was using Chrome, which no longer supports the plug-in; I hadn't cared about that because the camera was storing video/snapshots via FTP. I connected with an old Internet Explorer, which did support the plugin, and then the Export button worked. Thank you.