POE NVR Reply mistake and Correction.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

POE NVR Reply mistake and Correction.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So at some point I made a Mistake and said that Amcrest POE NVR's would need to be used with POE Amcrest or Dahua type cameras and that on the POE ports you can't use Hikvision or some other type like Hik OEM's.. (Even though I have and Do) When I said that I was wrong and while I know that I have in the past connected POE cameras to my POE ports on my NVR's when someone asked the question I answered that POE Amcrest NVR needs to be used with Amcrest or Dahua cameras..

So how do you go about making a connection of a POE camera that isn't Amcrest or Dahua?

Trying to connect it like you would a Amcrest camera don't seem to work for me and here is how I do it. Did it again today and can do it for different types of cameras not just HIkvision/OEM.

Need to connect to camera over normal format after you setup the camera. Most Hikvision come turned off and require being activated. I then search my camera list in the NVR and find the camera on the IP it was given. (Making sure the camera is setup for DHCP) and that the camera can come in on your normal network IP range like in my case 10.0.0.xxx was the ip it came in on. The NVR Switch is setup for 10.10.1.x so now once you can see in the NVR that it is setup on a POE port Channel like my 4116E-HS is a 8 port POE NVR with 16ch need to setup on one of the 8 lower channels. In this case Ch5, on this case 10.0.0.238 setup for DHCP in camera. I remove camera from that part of my Switch and connect to PORT5 of my NVR, The NVR will pop up first and say that there is a camera already working on this Channel do you want to use it anyway (Yes) then it will come up and show that the password is wrong if you changed it form admin admin as most cameras make you do this when you setup for first time. So click the edit of that channel and change the password to the one for the camera and the Camera will now load in. In my case there was no SN or Name in the space for SN like my Amcrest or Dahua cameras have. Now I am not 100% sure that you need to first connect the camera over your local IP I think I do it to make sure that it is setup and working on that IP first before trying it on the PORT..

What is important and I think the thing that might have been missed even by me in the past when pulling out my hair is that by default most cameras I setup as Static and or even the camera might ask if i want it setup Static an doing so makes it so the NVR will not connect. By setting the camera to DHCP will let the NVR and Camera talk. Where setting a Amcrest or Dahua Static on normal IP range of your Network and adding it to your POE Amcrest or Dahua NVR the NVR will Force feed a new IP address within the range of the NVR's Switch..

Just thought I would clear this up. I am not sure of the Post right now so I just thought I would make my own post for others that want to connect a none Amcrest or Dahua POE camera to their POE Port of the Amcrest NVR..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe