PLEASE HELP ! Camra in a tour mode and now mouse and dvr function don't work

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Amaze0429

PLEASE HELP ! Camra in a tour mode and now mouse and dvr function don't work

Postby Amaze0429 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:22 pm

I click on something and POW camera image cycle from camera 1-4 30sec intervals ! Now my mouse and dvr functions don't work and I can't stop it from cycling or anything for that matter ! Its in like a locked tour mode ....... IM GOING NUTS PLS HELP ! I've turned off turned on I unplugged everything let it sit for a few hrs plugged in same thing ! Is there a hard reset I can do maybe ???

Revo2Maxx

Re: PLEASE HELP ! Camra in a tour mode and now mouse and dvr function don't work

Postby Revo2Maxx » Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 pm

Hello and welcome to the Forum..

Maybe little details about Model of Recorder oyu have going might help find your needed answers...
Protect what you Value and Value what you Protect.
James

Amaze0429

Re: PLEASE HELP ! Camra in a tour mode and now mouse and dvr function don't work

Postby Amaze0429 » Fri May 22, 2020 7:54 pm

amdv4m4-4b-b. 4ch 4mp thank you u are absolutely right

Revo2Maxx

Postby Revo2Maxx » Fri May 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Hummm I am wondering if these is going to be an issue where you will have to hook the unit up to the D-Sub to fix? I am thinking this is the unit that had that where it could be put into a Matrix of scrolling between ch ever 5 seconds or so and once set only way out is by connecting to a Monitor over the Computer D-Sub monitor output?

However if your can.. There might be a little Cycle icon in the top right area... It is small.. If there is a Lock in there click it.. that will unlock it.. Then after it is unlocked Right click the screen goto Main Menu (System), Then Display, Then it could be on GUI click on the Tour at the top then in there you will or should be able to un check the Enable Tour and then click Apply and Save...

Hope that helps.. If not you will need to connect the DVR to a D-Sub Monitor to do them steps to deactivate it...
James

Amaze0429

Postby Amaze0429 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:32 am

I really appreciate you getting back to me ! You are awesome for that 🍻 . Unfortunately I'm not the most tech savvy guy but I managed ok ... I don't know what a D-sub monitor! But I will head to Google and see if I can read and learn ! I will get back with out come . As of now its been unplugged for 24hrs . I was told by amcrest to factory reset unit ! And to do that I leave unplug for 2 days due to no master reset button ! ........... so I have some options now and thats cool ..didn't know these camera dvr was so involved 😳.. again thanks for advice means a lot 😎👍

Revo2Maxx

Postby Revo2Maxx » Sat May 23, 2020 12:51 pm

LOL I have had at times systems disconnected longer then 2 days before sadly when I connected it back I forgot the password and i mean like one of my DVR right now has been maybe 5 months without power because I am using a different branded CVI unit in the place I was using this outer one I connected it up and I have to put in password hummm .. Interesting Maybe that unit is Special lol..

Anyway the D-Sub as I was trying to get it understood is the Computer Monitor connection on the back.. It will most times be in the color of Blue but I have seen some that are Black. Some TV's can have the connection while others don't do a Computer Monitor would be needed for the change....

Hummm So there was no little very small 3 arrows that make a circle with a lock in it at the top of the screen on the right? Or is it because your system sets the FULL page to larger then the normal HDMI output so one can't see it or access it and is why the D-Sub connection is needed?

Anyway I setup my system to go into this mode.. I took some pictures had to wait until the screen changed to a color that I could get a good view of it lol.. Top Right Corner of the screen. For what ever reason these 2 pictures were coming in sideways so I made my own image and took the 2 and put in 1 file.. At the top youcan see the Circle with 3 arrows and the lock in side the bottom one is without the Lock. That is what your looking to do to be able to get out of this.. But sounds like your system is the one that one this issue you can't access it without being in D-Sub view on a Computer Monitor...
Locked.jpg
Locked.jpg (102.58 KiB) Viewed 13 times
James

Amaze0429

Postby Amaze0429 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:56 pm

Revo2maxx u are by far a god sent ! I am back in action using the VGA cable ! As soon as I turned it on and loaded it automatically stopped tour mode ! Didn't have to click lock icon . Due to it automatically stopping tour mode with VGA cable ! I Have full access again and recording ! I'm going to try and see if hdmi cable will work again because images are clearer! Again THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ! u are a diagnostic angel from God 🍻 have a great weekend and stay safe out there #coronavirus2020 .. thank you so much again u are the man !

Revo2Maxx

Postby Revo2Maxx » Sat May 23, 2020 6:24 pm

You're Welcome :)
James

Return to “NVRs / DVRs”