Playback speed controls missing from NV4108

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
nelloinc

Playback speed controls missing from NV4108

Post by nelloinc »

My company has two NV4108E's that seemingly overnight lost their ability to change the playback speed when viewing recordings. The controls are just gone on all logins, even the administrator. I updated the firmware but tat did not restore them.

There used to be many more controls in the area highlighted.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (51.37 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
Any help would be appreciated!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Playback speed controls missing from NV4108

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

I am going to guess that you will want to do a Factory Reset of the NVR. My guess is that you were in a older FW and updated to a new FW of a different type and because of the type being different when it loads things even as simple as Playback it is trying to get the data from 2 different codes and gives you the parts that are understood..

I don't have my 4108E-HS in front of me and my access to it is over phone or ASP.. SO I do have a 4116E-HS that is local and has some software as my 4108E and yours as well.. I can tell you that mine does have playback controls more then just the playback (Play) and Stop...

So I would do a Factory Reset. Doing a Export and Import won't work either so I would just be prepared to setup your NVR again from basic settings as when you first setup the system...
Be Safe.
Mclaum

Post by Mclaum »

Did this solution work? I have a new NVR and there are no playback controls visible.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Mclaum Hello and Welcome to the Forum

To be honest it might be just an issue using Chrome or Edge and not the normal older system.

So with that said. Use IE Tab in Chrome or IE Mode in Edge to get all other features back.

Edge you will need to update once a month with the ip of your NVR to keep it going in IE mode.

This will sound like I am going to say make Edge your Default Browser and I am not just happens to be in the same area..

In edge, Right top is 3 dots click it, then click Settings, then Click Default Browser, then at the bottom is by adding the IP of the NVR. add, Then bring up the IP it will load in IE mode and will have a button saying to use Edge just keep using IE mode and all features you were used to will be back. Microsoft says IE mode will be supported in Edge until 2029 so that isn't bad. Give a few years..

Hope that was found to be helpful.
Be Safe.
wyrickre

Post by wyrickre »

This is still a problem on my NV5216.

Is this going to be fixed? I cannot use IE Tab or Edge on my Linux laptop or Chromebook.