Playback jump by 1 hour

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
useradmn

Playback jump by 1 hour

Post by useradmn »

I am having an issue whereas when i go to playback video from my NV5232 NVR. here is the situation: If I click for playback for 6pm, it starts playing video for 5pm. If click for playback at 7am, it jumps to 6am and starts playing. No matter what time I select, it starts playing video from an hour earlier than what I selected. This started happening since daylight savings time. I've checked the time on all cameras and it is true to current time. I've checked the time on the NVR and it is true to current time. Why is the DVR doing this? This is nuts!!!!!

It happens in the Amcrest Pro mobile app, the NVR web interface, and also, the amercrest pro desktop program on PC.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Playback jump by 1 hour

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

What Firmware are you using? I just looked on my 5232E NVR and while I don't full time record the main stream I do have a few channels that I record full time on the Sub Stream. Mine is working as expected on that stream. I do have an issue every night after a reboot the NVR within a minute of coming back online the time changes. So now I have turned off DST and Time Server option to keep the NVR going all day after I set the device back to the right time after reboot.

I have looked on WebUI, NVRs GUI, Cell AVP and also testing out the Desktop software *ASP* and if I bring up Ch6, choose Sub channel full days recording comes up I click my mouse on 7am and playback starts a few min before or after. Are you talking about doing a search for the day and clicking on the time over on the right? I didn't test that?
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So just tested that and it works as it should or as I would hope it would. Oddly starts about 3 seconds before the hour I selected but close enough that it isn't jumping an hour back..

I know it is a Pain, I am about to do a Factory Reset of my NVR.. I wouldn't do an Export and Import having this issue because more then likely will just import back the problem.

For me I will just setup for 36ch take a picture of the cameras on the Grid, do a reset of the NVR making note of any cameras that I have on the backend that is connected to the lower 16ch POE so I know that it is a connected camera and not just one that isn't where it belongs in the Grid. Sometimes I have cameras changed from Port16 or 12 that I place on ch32 spot or 31.. Just makes setting up again faster and don't have to mess much with the Sequence..
Be Safe.
useradmn

Post by useradmn »

firmware is the latest--- v4.000.00AC000.0

its happen for any day since daylight savings time happened. I think I've figured out what is going on. its a bug.
1) if I hit sync PC--- so it can sync w/ my local PC time, it will pull the time from my pc, but it concurrently and involuntarily changes the time zone.
2) if I switch the time zone back to the correct zone, and hit save button right next to the time zone, I'm fine.
3) if I hit manual update next to the ntp server field, it jumps back to an incorrect time, which is an hour behind.

this is really weird. I'm on Central time (US & Canada)
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You might want to look at a Different FW. If I am looking at the site right it looks like the one I am using will work for your NVR as well. Seeing mine on the site don't say it is for 5232E it has same info in it as your besides mine is 22 where if you are using the one that is showing for just the 5232 that is from 2020 and using older 10003 where the one I have 10005 If you look at the data of the one before the one listed for the 5232E you can see the details match the one showing as current for the model without the E. If there was something that kept the 2 apart it would be listed in the Firmware listing. I personally didn't use that one from 2020 I was using the one before that that is still listed on your model. So you know if you were to look at the 4216E-AI NVR that I also own, That FW is listed with all models E and Non E even down to the 4208... So again your model even though it isn't the E or at least you didn't' say it was.. That one has same FW as mine just on the page my FW installed is 2 years newer from 2022... I would DL the one listed for the 5232E. If it wasn't meant for your NVR it will not load. But again as I said the listing is the same even on mine it is showing that it is for just the 5232 and my model is the 5232E-16P.. So yeah I would put the 10005 on your NVR.. My guess is that it will be the last one offered as the Model is EOL I believe now.. I am in EST USA.
Be Safe.