Playback Frustration.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bobruizd

Playback Frustration.

Post by bobruizd »

Been waiting for "over a year" for software update or firmware upgrade for my NV2104-HS to fix Playback bugssss. Playback time selection gets me furious! Clicking on the desired time-stamp forever jumps to an hour or so before, or an hour ahead of time. It will never let me play the specific time stamp. This happens on the time bar and also on the recorded list of chunks. This happens on the browsers (video never plays). Happens on the Surveillance so called Pro. Happens equally on my iOS App. I get so frustrated that I do not even want to bother proving it over HDMI and direct mouse. If I download the clipped video, almost always saves offset time as well. I've swapped HDD brands, Factory the NVR and reconfigured the cameras with no change.

Will anyone work on any of this software anymore????
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Playback Frustration.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

Playback bug? I have the 2116-HS with the 4.0 Amcrest FW that came out 5-22-2020. Wait a year? I think if there was a Bug that Amcrest knew about it would have had an update by now.

ASP and DVR/NVR always seems to play into some type of issues when it comes to time. I might have something like your talking before the 2020 FW update. Are you saying you have an issue using your NVR's GUI to playback footage? Or is the issue when trying to playback from ASP?

Now I am not sure why type of HDD you are using have you tried a different HDD? Have you tried to see if your power supply is failing? I just played back footage from my 2116-HS on both the GUI and on ASP and there was no time issues..

Here is something I have removed from my Amcrest setup and seems after doing so I have not had the Hour or Time issues that I used to and that is I have only Dahua and Amcrest products on my 2116-HS, I removed all Hikvision products seeing I would have some time issues. Even with them set at the same time one would always go off crazy and make all my times go crazy between systems. So now I keep that on my 4108E NVR and have not had anymore issues on time..

And yes to be clear I am looking at footage on my 2116-HS and not on my 4216E-AI NVR.. Both are on time in time sync with one another..

Also 1 last thing, I IPC Time sync my Cameras every 12 hours. It might be why my times are on? Not sure just saying..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Playback Frustration.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also wondering are you trying to playback footage of Full time video? Or motion?

Also I hate to say it if your trying to only play in ASP and I know you said your Phone app and other things. However I hate to say that if you are not ever trying to play it back in the NVR's GUI it very well could be a cause by your phone, your ASP or something being outside of the Recorders real time. It could be that the Recorders time is out of sync with the time trying to be played.. I have done so many different things and only thing I can get it to mess up on is when I am playing back Motion events in a Multi camera view. Problem with that is the events are Motion and not all have same events in time line. so there is gaps or things like that.. However if I move the type of playback into Full time recording mode, the system skips when events happen so I have to leave all things in the search and playback that way there is no skipping or lapse in playback..

Sorry without seeing what is going on it is hard to understand. For me it almost sounds like Device time difference or playback type mis match. Would need to see something from WebUI, ASP, NVR GUI playback to get a Idea of what is going on
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe