Password Reset

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hawkeye62

Password Reset

Post by hawkeye62 »

I just started having an issue logging into my NVR-4108. What I think is my password doesn't work. So I went to the "forgot password page". It says a code will be sent to my Email. I never get an Email. I have tried several times, on a desktop and a laptop, no luck. Any advice?

Thanks, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Password Reset

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I can't say much works these days but I will send you a PM so look in your Message box..
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Re: Password Reset

Post by hawkeye62 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:46 pm Well I can't say much works these days but I will send you a PM so look in your Message box..
OK, I have reset my password. But, it took many tries and coverd a time span of almost a week. When I click on the forgot password link, it opens a QR patch and says to scan the QR and send the string to an Email address. Well, I don't have a smart phone so things got complicated. My wife has an IPad which does have a QR scanner. She scanned it OK, but she ended up sending me a jpeg file containg the string. When I sent it to the Email addrress, I got an Email back that said the string was not valid. Several tries with the same results. So, I loaded my Samsung Glaxy Tab A8 with a QR reader. Several tries, same results. Then somewhere I read that the system was automated, no human involved. I had been sending the string with comments like "OK, here is the string". So, my next Email had only the string, not even a subject. Bingo! I finally got my password reset!

Regards, Jim