Passing a AI Camera Through a Non AI NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Passing a AI Camera Through a Non AI NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I learned something today.. I had someone ask about adding camera from a NVR to another NVR like I have said I can do with my DVR to my NVR.. So today when I made a Video I found that when I connect my 1046EW-AI camera to my 4108E NVR. That when I connect that NVR to my 4216E-AI NVR not only was I able to do that, I learned that the Rules also came though the 4108E while it was connected to the NVR's POE Port 1... Video can be seen here https://youtu.be/qosgCuzKX6U

Why this might be important for some people.. Well when you have a POE NVR there might be a Distance that it can work at while use POE and at times a Network connection can pass in an area that the POE can't and having a Camera lets say just outside the Distance reach of the AI NVR, and with in the Reach of a POE NVR it will not Disable the ability to use the Cameras AI function.. To me thought that was cool

Don't know what's your Thoughts on the matter...

Be safe
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Passing a AI Camera Through a Non AI NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok after a Couple of weeks running my AI cameras though my 4108E on the Poe port of the NVR I will admit that the AI rules come though to my 4216E-AI NVR, however one thing I found within this time is that you don't have access to the rules.. What that means is if you want to access say the one camera I have 3 line crossing rules setup on when you pass them though the non AI nvr you can no longer access that Setup for the rules like I have one setup to PTZ camera 15, another one to PTZ camera 11 and another rule to PTZ camera 8 while they are behind the NVR those rules no longer work..

However as I have said before with my AI DVR it will pass the rules of the DVR to the NVR for the cameras you bring though..

Just thought I would update on what I found over the last couple of weeks..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe