Over Decode Ability - I'm nowhere close to max bandwidth

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RickciR

Over Decode Ability - I'm nowhere close to max bandwidth

Post by RickciR »

We have a 16 cam NVR with 15 cameras hooked up. From 720p up to 4K. Recently I started getting these decode errors errors. Using the built-in tools I can see that the max bandwidth the cameras hit total is 32 Mb/s. I have even set all the cameras to as low as 1782 kb/s. And I still get the decode errors. Plus when I switch to the 16 camera view, 10 are black. Three of those have the decode error. If I switch to either 8 cam view, none are black - except the decode error ones. I've rebooted, changed rates, turned off substreams and audio, lowered framerate and resolution. Any suggestions? This just started happening out of the blue.
IMG_0415.JPG
IMG_0415.JPG (239.3 KiB) Viewed 7790 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Over Decode Ability - I'm nowhere close to max bandwidth

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Don't know what system your using but I suspect the issue is the 4k camera.. Some systems will have a Datasheet about what it can Live view while being a 4K system it might have a limit of 1 camera that it can Preview in 4k where all others would need to be in 4mp or lower..

SO for me what I have done to make this issue a non issue is using my 4k camera on a different NVR so I can use my 4216E-AI NVR all 16ch without having a encoding issue even though mine will do 2 4k cameras here is my NVR's info

So I would try to Limit your Playback to 1ch or 2 if using 4k cameras depending on your systems stats and or for live view keep views within your NVRs ability

NVR FEATURES:
Extraordinary Quality: Supports 16-Channel 1080p/3MP/4MP/5MP/6MP/4K/12MP Resolution.
Records 8-Channels @ 1080p/3MP/4MP/5MP/6MP
Max 2000Mbps Incoming Bandwidth (Max 80mbps when AI is enabled, supports up to 7 cameras @ 4K)
Decoding Capacity: 2CH @ 4K @ 30fps simultaneously or 8CH @1080P @ 30fps.
Be Safe.
RickciR

Post by RickciR »

The thing is it worked fine for the past year. Nothing has changed. I just noticed that ALL the blank cameras are Amcrest. Only the 4 generic ones are not blank. I've gone as far as to set every camera to 720P - in camera. They also record motion - The display will be blank, but the red motion detect indicator comes on. I checked the recordings - every camera except the ones with the decode issue are still recording - just not displaying.

NVR is an NV2116-HS.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry don't know.. Not sure what NVR your using and can't tell you what or why something isn't working right.. What I do know is that after a little time for me anyway with some of my Devices I have to do a Factory Reset of the Device to keep it working the way I want it to...

From what your saying it sounds like if these cameras are the same camera and things were working without issue before in the same setup that you have now.. I would move to do a Factory Reset of the NVR and double check that it goes back to working as expected..

My issues that I have and needing Reset of the NVR and DVR's has to do with something outside of Decoding, just saying that for me on a few of my Amcrest Machines while they work great, I need to do a Factory Reset every now and again to keep them working the way I want them too. my Latest DVR and NVR both in the AI line-up I only reset them because I am going to change the type of Recording I am going to do and found it easier to start over then to try and Remember to turn off one type of Detection before starting the other it seems that I forget a step and it don't want to change over so for me just best to Reset..
Be Safe.
RickciR

Post by RickciR »

That's what I'm afraid of. At least I can export the settings first.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure you will like the results of the Export. If there is an issue right now then the Import will be right where you are now.. It is worth a try.
Be Safe.