ONVIF Compatibility - Full or part of profile S?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
shoei600

ONVIF Compatibility - Full or part of profile S?

Post by shoei600 »

Dear Forum,
I'm trying to get some IP2M-842E cameras working with Axis Camera station which supports third part camera's that are FULLY ONVIF compliant. It seems they work but only if ONVIF authentication is disabled which is not how I would like to leave them setup.

Can anyone tell me the full level of compliance with profile S and what else might be missing, or how to get over this? They have the latest firmware installed.

Many thanks in advance.
jack7

Re: ONVIF Compatibility - Full or part of profile S?

Post by jack7 »

I just happened to see this page that might help.
https://www.axis.com/support/downloads/ ... ility-tool
shoei600

Post by shoei600 »

I had tried that with ONVIF authentication enabled (in the camera) - which of course failed straight away. Even with ONVIF disabled, it reports fails. This might explain why it doesn't pick up the full resolution of the stream too.

This makes for a very disappointing view of Amcrest which seemed to suggest everywhere ONVIF compatibility, but clearly not compliance. I really like their cameras too.

See attached report.
amcrest.PNG
amcrest.PNG (27.4 KiB) Viewed 8569 times
shoei600

Post by shoei600 »

I wonder if Amcrest will respond to confirm their position on ONVIF compliance.
jfgc1933

Post by jfgc1933 »

Well I think you would just set the camera video encoding down to H.264? I would say it should work after that. You have to do that with the amcrest cloud as well.