Only 30 mins recording; no Scheduled recordings

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Inkylinx

Only 30 mins recording; no Scheduled recordings

Post by Inkylinx »

I am new to security cameras and purchased an Amcrest IP3M-941w as it was supposed to be the easiest to setup and work with. I have it hardwired to my ethernet (Comcast Internet). It saw my IP connection and we got hooked up and viewing the camera without too much fuss. However, the recording part has been an issue...

I wanted this to live view and record in my chicken coop 24/7. I had a Wansview camera setup previously that would record for 1 hour intervals, which I really liked - then I could review them via VLC (wanted to see who was eating/laying eggs, who was being a bully, etc.). The Wansview picture has started to go out (camera is 5 years old), so time for an upgrade.

I have a good picture on the Amcrest, it PTZ's like it should. I followed the specific directions for how to setup PC-NVR and I can see it and record (the little red dot appears in the upper right icon showing it is recording). However, it only records the first 30 minutes, no matter how long I let it record to.

The settings I have are set as follows (most every other setting is/are the Defaul Settings):

1. I have it set to record to my extra hard drive (D is set up just for photos and videos) on my Windows 10 computer (via the Web User Interface [via SeaMonkey browser as the plug-ins didn't work in any other browser], Camera/Video/Path); and the PC-NVR (via the Amcrest Surveillance Pro, ASP: ASP/HOME PAGE/SETTINGS/PC-NVR/DISK MANAGEMENT) has been allocated 50GB's of space on my Hard Drive (D:).

2. a. Via ASP (DEVICE CFG/CAMERA IP/STORAGE/RECORD/SCHEDULE) I have set up "Schedule" for every 4 hours, 7 days a week, and type is "Regular" only as I won't be using MD, Alarm, or Smart"; Record Control as set as "0" Pre-Record, "Main Stream" is selected and "Schedule" is filled (with a dot).

2. b. Via ASP, DEVICE CFG/CAMERA IP/STORAGE/RECORD/RECORD CONTROL setting:

Pack Duration - 120
Pre-event Record - 0
Disk Full - Overwrite
Record Mode - Auto
Record Stream - Main Stream

3. There is no place to specify in ASP for STORAGE/DESTINATION other than SD Card (I'm not using one), FTP (don't know what that is or how to use it) or NAS (don't know what that is or how to use it). I also do not want or use Cloud Storage.

4. The files that have recorded are maximum of 30 minutes, and are in the location I specified for my Hard Drive (D:), however they are put in a daily file folder and not each file individually.

My questions:

A. Why are the files only recording 30 minutes, no matter how long the recording actually is?

B. Why are the Scheduled Recordings not recording (only the manual ones are, and they are only the first 30 minutes of the recording)?

Thank you all in advance for any suggestions, tips, ideas you may have that might help. :-)
jack7

Re: Only 30 mins recording; no Scheduled recordings

Post by jack7 »

Set up ASP/PC-NVR Remote Devices and Disk Management. To record 24/7 with PC-NVR, go to ASP/PC-NVR/Record Plan, and set up your 24/7 schedule for General(green) recordings. To view the recordings, go to ASP/Playback, select your PC-NVR Device, and search for the time period, etc. you want.
Inkylinx

Post by Inkylinx »

Hello jack7, thanks for the response. I did have the system set up via PC-NVR as you suggest and the General (green) scheduled recording set up also. To no avail though, because the scheduled recording doesn't even start, and when I try to manual record, it only plays back the FIRST 30 minutes of any recording... no matter if I had been recording for a hour, 6 hours, or 24 hours. :( I have also used different playback software, including Amcrest Smart Player, VLC, Windows Media Player Classic, and a few other obscure players (I'm desperate!). It's not the players, as they all only show the first 30 minutes of the videos. There must be some setting somewhere that's preventing recording from going over 30 minutes; I have no SD Card, no FTP, no NAS, and no Cloud setup. Thanks!
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Put all the Amcrest Web UI camera settings that you mentioned in your post back to default. Just do ALL the settings in Amcrest Surveillance Pro/PC-NVR. Do all three tabs in PC-NVR.
In Remote Devices, add your camera.
In Disk Management, allocate space.
In Record Plan, specify your camera and make sure there are 24 hr green lines for every day, then Save.

You have to view the recordings with ASP Playback. You can also export a video section there by using Time Clip (Scissor icon at bottom right), and view the clip elsewhere.

PC-NVR will continue recording as long as the PC is on, even after exiting ASP.

This should work well for you, if you can get past the ASP learning curve. Good Luck!

------------------------------
My previous post:
Set up ASP/PC-NVR Remote Devices and Disk Management. To record 24/7 with PC-NVR, go to ASP/PC-NVR/Record Plan, and set up your 24/7 schedule for General(green) recordings. To view the recordings, go to ASP/Playback, select your PC-NVR Device, and search for the time period, etc. you want.
JayMan

Post by JayMan »

Any solution to this yet?
I tried the above, but the screen is bascially empty with all the PC-NVR options on the side being disabled.