Older BNC camera system looking to upgrade to larger MP Recorder

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Older BNC camera system looking to upgrade to larger MP Recorder

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So you have an Older BNC system that has been working well for you be it either CVBS, CVI, AHD, TVI and your looking to upgrade to a Recorder that will give you the best results for the money.. To be honest it is hard to say what is going to work for All people. What I can and will do is say what I think is Best for the buck..

In the Number 1 spot is AMDV8m16-H5 This DVR while it is a 16ch BNC recorder (Dvr) I think this is the best for total ease of expansion. Out of the box it offers 16ch 8mp that is very solid and works well with AHD, CVBS, CVI, TVI and IP cameras. In truth you can make this DVR a 24ch NVR if that is what you wanted to do. There are better NVR's out there for that however one reason this DVR is best is because with the 16ch BNC out of the box you can Enable 8ch IP right out of the gate without even having to disable a BNC slot. So lets say you have 8BNC cameras right now, you can enable the 17-24 slots and then you can change 9-16 for IP camera and setup the system just as you would a normal NVR.

Number 2 spot will be really Number 1 if your looking to update your system to have AI Tech. This is the 7108. They don't make or at least didn't when I bought mine a 16ch version in the 7 series AI. Reason this is good is if you want a higher FPS on 4k cameras. It also has 2 channel Tripwire or intrusion. Also offers SMD (Smart Motion Detection) works really well. In the over a year that I have owned the 7108-AI DVR I have not had 1 false alert. A car goes by I know it is a car, Human I know it is really human..

Number 3 spot is 5116-AI this is the Upgrade to the First pick. Only reason this isn't the second or even the first is while it does offer a IP channel option however if you use AI or SMD you will not be able to use IP or if you want IP then you can't use SMD and or AI. That is also true for the 7108.. Reason this 16ch AI DVR is below in ranking to the 7108-AI is because this one is only 7fps for 8mp cameras installed where the 7108-AI offers 15fps

If it is for AI then buy one of the AI's just know that you will need a NVR for any IP cameras you might want to put on a Recorder. Where the 8m16-H5 can have both Analog (HD) cameras and IP HD cameras even 8mp ones on IP.

If you want less false alerts then AI would be best using SMD or Tripwire and or intrusion.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe