Old Firmware - NVR 5232

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rasectech

Old Firmware - NVR 5232

Post by rasectech »

Hey guys.
Does anyone have the link where I can download old firmwares?
I need to test firmwares older than the year 2020 available on the amcrest website.

The firmware from 2019-09-06 I know works for me.
*picture
Attachments
NVR-5232_OldVersion-working-Info.PNG
NVR-5232_OldVersion-working-Info.PNG (52.72 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Old Firmware - NVR 5232

Post by Revo2Maxx »

As I stated in your first Post
"Your best bet would be to get a RMA for a system with older FW as they will be released with older FW from Amcrest and the End user will have to update to the 4.0 so your not wasting loads of time RMA is best bet unless you bought used then you might have to send back to them and pay for a Reflash.."

There is a FW Block in the new 4.0 that will make it so the older 3.2 can't be installed over it. This is even true when it comes to the Dahua NVR/DVR's as well. Meaning I have a Dahua 4216E NVR that I installed the newer FW on from Dahua Website. Because I bought this NVR used after I already had the Amcrest 4216E-AI NVR while they look the same they are not the same as the Dahua is older so I thought ok lets see if I can put on the older FW. I have the older FW and I try to install it and it fails. My Dahua has 4.001.. I have been able to DL and install all FW back to the start of the 2019 FW update 4.0 everything else past that not longer will let me install it.

Because of the FW types and all the new Programming that was needed to go into the system when they moved over to 4.0 they had to install a block so if someone was to try and install older FW there is a Risk that it would Brick the Device. SO this leaves the only way to get older FW installed on the DVR/NVR's is to have Amcrest R&D Reflash the machine at board level. They have been trying to get something made that lets the End User (like you and I) to be able to get past this block for some time. However in testing there is always an issue with the Downgraded unit so they are still working or last I knew they were still working on a Downgrade FW that will let the End User install older FW it just isn't stable so not able at this time..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I just looked over my notes for one of my Dahua Machines that I have tried to Downgrade. There is 11 updates that I have access to, In my notes I have tried all 11 FW packages going from the last one 4.001 to the first one in 2019 a 4.00 all of them between to see if there was a magic FW that would let me Downgrade the NVR. Not one of them will let me install the 3.216 FW back on and that is the one it had when I first got it. It starts to update like it does when it is working however once it gets to the point of making the update it fails. (Meaning when it first starts it is moving the BIN file to the NVR once moved to NVR the update starts and fails right away with a fail error. I have since put back the 4.001 from 2021 and just now again tried to Downgrade that one seeing it was only one in my notes that I didn't put that it had failed. Did the same thing as all the other times. I have even in my testing went from one to the other and did a Full Reset back to factory on all of the 11 packages before trying to Downgrade. It won't.
Be Safe
rasectech

Post by rasectech »

DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.002.0000000.3.R.220322

http://files.dahua.support/Firmware/Rej ... x-4KS2/?SA

Unfortunately no one at Amcrest can help me solve this problem.
I tried downloading this firmware from Dahua and Motion Detection worked on the NVR.

* P2P is not working properly
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well it's no longer Amcrest device if you put Dahua software on it sure it will show the SN of the device and name however p2p won't work in a since because it's connected to amcrest software. You can DL DMSS and try that. Some devices can go back to Amcrest Fw others are locked out forever unless it was force fed like amcrest r&d would do
Be Safe