Nvr32 ports

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Mobbik

Nvr32 ports

Post by Mobbik »

I'm installing 32port 4k system
All cameras are amcrest ip8m

Nvr ip 10.1.10.130
Cameras IP 10.1.1.x

Router (DHCP enabled) connected to netgear 24poe switch
Switch connected to WAN PORT in nvr.

Cameras that are connected to nvr are getting ips 10.1.1.xx and are working ok
Cameras that are connected to switch are getting up 10.1.10.xx (from router DHCP) and are not working. (Getting incorrect user error)

When I log in to the cameras connected to the Poe switch and change it to static IP, assign 10.1.1.xx , I still get an error (
cannot find network host) all settings looks exactly the same as cameras connected directly to nvr but they don't work.

Any ideas...I tried all options, settings and I'm lost .

Thanks in advance
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Nvr32 ports

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry didn't see that the 32ch is also Amcrest? I will assume that it will be.

I will refer to front side and back side ip when I say backside ip or anything about back ip I am talking the NVR switch ip..

So when you connect a camera to the back ip it will want by default admin admin. So connecting a camera from amcrest to back ip will get forced ip in back range 10.1.1.xx however when you connect camera to front side it won't work the same way. It's looking for your camera with your NVRs IP range of the front and also wants by default the same password. Connecting a ip camera with 10.1.1.xx on front won't be found by the NVR.. oddly my 4216e-ai nvr will though. All others have to use range if what ever connection your trying to make.

Solution, make sure to click main menu, camera, click camera want to edit pencil. For now change password to admin to setup once your all setup change the admin password in the NVR even if only to what you have it already set to. It will say Sync to cameras click yes and now it will update nvr and all cameras to have the same password
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Mobbik

Post by Mobbik »

Thanks for your msg.
I tried it and;

- I can only change / update password for one camera at a time by clicking the pencil. It's not asking me to sync all cameras. I don't see that option under cameras.

Even if I change the password camera is getting host error.

Should I be logging in to each camera that's connected to front switch and changing IP to static 10.1.1.x and changing password? I tried that and also no go.

Should the switch be connected to router and nvr connect to switch on the wan port?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry guessvi wasn't clear.i try this way.

Any camera you connect front side aka your local network side will try to connect with your NVRs current password.

So you can do 1 of 2 things

First and worst would be to access each cameras WebUI accessing camera using admin admin, you will be prompted to change password set same as your NVR. Once that was done that camera is ready to be added to NVR using IP that you connected with 10.1.10.xx.

Second and easiest, using camera ip front side 10.1.10.xx add to NVR using grid device add or by using Main Menu, Camera, Device search. Add camera the dot below will be red fir camera click on that pencil change to admin admin for user and pass.

Then once all cameras are added and all dots are green sowing they all have connection with NVR. You should at this time change password for NVR even if to same that your using. That is from NVR user menu admin user. Once you click to modify password and put in the new (even using the same in all 3 spaces) once you click to save it will change the NVR password then box will come up asking if you want to Sync all cameras ok will result in new box showing each of your cameras passwords being changed. Once dine your system will be more secure then if you left all access to cameras admin admin..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a Video for anyone that has this issue and this is what I would do if setting up say like my 4116E-HS that has 8POE ports and 16 channels with 8 that would connect from my normal network..

Cameras connected to the NVR's POE ports will use admin admin
Cameras you pick from your network side is normally already setup and best to use NVR's password However if you never accessed the camera before when you have NVR pick that IP camera. It will try the NVR's password. By then going to the main menu, camera, device list below you will see orange/red dots for cameras that have wrong password. Fastest way would be to just change them there to use admin..

once they are all setup so they all have green dot. Goto Main Menu, Account, User click on the Pencil under Modify. Change your password in the NVR even if only to the same password it already had. Then OK. When the box comes up asking to Sync to devices again Press Ok another box will come up and show the pass or fail of the cameras password being changed. That is the fastest and easiest way to change all password at 1 time on a POE NVR or any NVR for that matter.. However important to note that if you keep your POE cameras as admin it can be Hijacked local and someone could gain access to at least 4 total cameras from 1 camera location..

https://youtu.be/sR9ZQYOeko4
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought I should mention that if you left them all default admin and the ones outside are connected to your normal network someone with laptop or connection with Ethernet port could access and hijack all the ones on your normal network as well. Also that means they could have access to your camera in locations in your home as well. By changing them will be the safest and secure over someone outside gaining access to a camera inside that might be in living room or hallway where someone could watch for access to your home..

I would make sure that easy to access camera location at least has Buzzer setup to go off when that camera goes offline. This way if someone was to remove the camera from the network the NVR will alert you there is a problem. Don't help if your not home but I would also Log all offline events as well..
Be Safe