nvr1104 compatibility with newer cameras?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
rek74

nvr1104 compatibility with newer cameras?

Post by rek74 »

Does the NVR1104 not work with newer Amcrest cameras? I have 3 older 720p amcrest cameras that work great with this recorder but recently bought a 4th camera (Amcrest ASH-22) which is a 1080p 2MB camera and am having troubles with it recording to the NVR. The camera is streaming over the network and can be viewed by the ASP software and mobile APP just fine.

The NVR recongnizes the camera and is logged in with the "green" light but the screen is black. So, I saw this same issue on another post and the fix was to lower the resolution of the camera due to the limitations of the NVR1104. "Supports up to 2 x 1080p (2.1MP), & 4 x 720p WiFi IP Cameras @ 30fps Realtime".

So, I adjusted the encoding of the ASH-22 down to 720p. No fix. Lowered the bitrate. No fix. Played with varoius encoding options. No fix. Made sure the other 3 cameras were recording to 720p or less. No fix. BTW, when i try to make these camera adjustments from the NVR I get an error "failed to get configuration" from the camera in question ASH-22. So, i'm making these endoding changes from the software on my PC not directly from the NVR.

Other than upgrading the NVR to a newer model, does anyone have any suggestions? Please advise thx. :D