NVR/Surveillance Pro Issues

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
hawkeye62

NVR/Surveillance Pro Issues

Post by hawkeye62 »

I have a home network with three IP941 cameras, one AD110 doorbell camera and one NVR4108-HS. Everything has been working perfectly for the last 6-8 months. I use IP Config to check the status and Surveillance Pro to view the cameras. Yesterday, Surveillance Pro started showing all cameras off line. IP Config shows all cameras normal. If I log into the NVR with Internet Explorer, every thing looks normal, all cameras show the usual view. My network is working perfectly, I can use Email and browse the Web. I rebooted the router and the two wireless Access Points. I am not sure how Surveillance Pro would normally access the cameras, does it go to the NVR or does it go to each camera? IP Config appears to scan the network for cameras. Does anyone have any advice?

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR/Surveillance Pro Issues

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is a lot of Info in there. There are details without knowing the right info would be hard to tell.

Are your cameras behind the AP? or in your normal Network side/> I ask because while I do have a few systems that work though a AP setup I have tried to get it to stream and sadly it will work sometimes it fails a few good to many times... So my Solution was to move a Recorder over on the other side of AP and now only have to stream from recorder.. Sadly even at times that gets tricky do to the distance. Like Last night using PTZ camera the camera went for a spin on its own after I started to move it and lost connection. While my AP do a good job most times to keep a Free and Clear channel between them at times someone gets in there and it gets messy once it resets to new channel it works great again for a few days or weeks.

Then Remember ASP is a Computer program that is bringing this info from the Web this can by hard to work some times with Network lags and such however rebooting things clears that up normally...

Then how is your devices connected is going to be how ever you made the connection inside of ASP. I have in the past used my Camera per camera and I have also used my NVR or DVR to move in the cameras. If when you start ASP and load your VIEW if you are opening your NVR and it displays your list of cameras in that then it is coming from your NVR however if say your using each camera then it would be a list of just cameras not a Single device with a list under it unless you are looking from insde a group but that is different within the setup area... ONly you would know how your cameras are being fed to your ASP...

Even with all my Devices on my network IP config normally chokes on around 16 I think I might have had as many as 22 devices show up however 2 devices oddly last couple of weeks behind the AP just don't want to show up in IP config. I also use P2P with the Recorders through the AP... I will admit this as of right now with SNOW and all it seems my connection is Hit or miss. If I try to load all 8 cameras at once they Go offline, I can click on just 1 or 2 an they will work then try and bring in all 8 again to look at them all at once in a view and it will all show 0 and go offline. Before they would be ok and could view all 8. Just think they don't like the cold lol
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

I added cameras from the scan in ASP. I just deleted a camera, a scan quickly found the camera and I added it back. It still shows as off line. I am not sure how to bring it on line. If I understand what you mean by "behind an AP", the only camera behind an AP is the AD110. All other cameras are connected via ethernet cable to the network. I have a desktop computer connected to the network via ethernet and it shows the same thing that my wireless laptops do, all cameras off line. I am beginning to think that ASP has been corrupted. Maybe I should install a newer version? My current v is 1.14.1.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It might be a issue with ASP. Strange if you can find it and re add it but it not go online there is something not right. hummm However you said that you Scanned so I am guessing you setup by P2P? OR did you put in the IP address to add it back.. Anyway if showing offline and it is P2P there could be an Internet issues..

So what I would do is try to go to the cameras WebUI over IE or Chrome depending on FW version.. Log in and make sure all is well with camera. Then on the one you just logged in go to ASP and click on Devices, then click on the camera in the list that you just logged in and click on the Pen, then click in the Password area and put the Password back in click on Apply/Save and see if that changes from Orange to Green.
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

I reset each of the IP941 cameras and now those cameras are showing on line. The NVR and the AD110 are still showing off line. I guess I could reset the NVR, but that might result in a lot of re-configuration. And I am having a problem logging in to Smart Home. When I try to log in, it says AD110 firmware has to be updated before I can log in. Big mess!

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Humm might want to check logs for outside connections that might have changed passwords to disconnect your NVR.. Strange that I have never had one of mine no longer work with password I set unless I did a OLD FW update to a new FW that the Password was not valid type then I would have to reset camera to setup with a good password. ONe of the reasons I don't use one of my NVR's because it is older and my Password type don't work with it..
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

More on the Smart Home issue. I started Smart Home and tried to go to live view. A screen pops up that says "To protect your data, please enter video password". Neither the Smart Home or AD110 passwords work! So, now what, there is no option to reset the password.

Regards, Jim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hmmm Sadly I don't have that NVR Device and I wonder if it has moved up from my types. Seeing I have 4108H and 4108E however both are before the -HS so I wonder if the 4108-HS has a Streaming Key? I mean I do have a 2116-HS and I don't think it does but I still think the 41xx-HS is above mine and might have a Streaming key?

I know I have a different system that starting back in 2016 they started a new Trend of using a Streaming Key so if you remote in VIA WebUI or iVMS like Amcrest Surveillance Pro it would require you to enter a Key to be able to see the live view

I know that ASP gets me some times. Asking me to setup a Password for PC-NVR and then when I Setup ASP it has make a Password but still when I log in to PC-NVR it is admin so confusing..

Personally with all the issues I have had with ASP I try not to use it. I do have a computer that has it installed this one I have SmartPSS that I use

About Resetting your password in Smart home devices you will want to use the Smart home app. Log in your camera on the app, then click on the device you want to load, then in top right click on the Cog, Then Device Info then Device Password, then put in the OlD password and install 2 new first and then a confirm, then again top right diskette looking icon to save.. If that didn't work because you don't remember your passwords you will have to do a Reset from the camera them self.. In the Smart home app Remove the device in the list, then go to your Ad110 and take off the Front plate, Press and Hold the Reset button on the side, Wait for it to start to cycle the light and it should say that it is Starting Hard Reset, once it has done the reset you will press the button again for a short press and it will start the Hot Spot, Then do the setup in the Smart HOme app. One thing to remember make sure you start in the Wifi you want to have the camera in.. Once it is setup and you hear Connected to Network then you will add it back to NVR and ASP..
Be Safe.
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Well, I bit the bullet and did a reset on the NVR4108-HS. It still shows as off line. So, I can't search past recordings. Any advice on why it won't go on line?

Regards, Jim
hawkeye62

Post by hawkeye62 »

Every thing is working again! I had forgotten about re-entering passwords in Amcrest Surveillance Pro. In the Devices page, any device that shows as off line, can be put on line by entering the password.(Assuming there is not some other reason why it is showing as off line.)

Regards, Jim