NVR problem

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lagrabow

NVR problem

Post by lagrabow »

I am wondering if anyone can explain why when I have 7 ip cameras only 5 will show on my NVR monitor.
There is space for 8 cameras on the display. The spaces where the 2 cameras should show have red locks on them.
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
NVR - NV4108-HS with 1TB HDD
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR problem

Post by Revo2Maxx »

From the NVR click on bottom under Management, Camera. Then in there it should show how much bandwidth you have left See picture below. This is a 8ch NVR that has 8 channels. One of them is streaming a Remote RTSP feed even from one of my other properties.
20240204_014619.jpg
20240204_014619.jpg (2.76 MiB) Viewed 777 times
Be Safe.
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

thank you Revo2Maxx

the residual is around 74 - 81 Mbps [fluctuates]
The total is 88 Mbps.
Is there a setting on the cams that I can change to allow for inclusion of other 2 cams?
Maybe the resolution or the compression?
Not sure of what I speak.

As an added note these cams do appear at times for a few minutes, but then disappear.
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It is going to be hard to Explain. I will try my best.. First I would double check that it isn't an issue with the NVR. Remove one of the other channels from the NVR and see if the camera comes online *One that wasn't* and if it does then there is an issue where you might have hit the max of a camera type.

Also is this a 4108H or a 4108-HS, or a 4108-A2? What cameras are you working with? Are they Amcrest on Amcrest NVR? Or are they different brand of cameras. Then my guess is they are the ones listed on your Post lol. Then out of the 7 what ones are not working? Wired? Wireless? or the Lorex?

One last thing, How is the connection if you make a direct connect with the camera over it's WebUI? Do they have Micro SD cards?
Be Safe.
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

My NVR is the 4108-HS

Currently we have
3 Lorex 2 - E892AB 1 - E841CA all wired
1 Dahua IPC-HFW1320S - wired
3 Amcrest IP3M-942 all wired

The ones that don't show are one Amcrest and one Dahua
Although they sometimes show momentarily on an NVR restart, but soon only show a red lock on the monitor where they should be. Also, if I go into NVR settings and then leave these cams will show for a bit.
I dont have SD cards as I record to my NVR HDD.

I am not very knowledgable about the settings on the NVR. Would it make a difference if I had all my cams on channel 1, or is there more than one channel on my NVR? I am talking about Settings>Management>Camera>Remote Device>Camera Registration>Edit>Modify>channel>(D1,D2,D3,D4,D5,D6,D7)<<<<Should these all be D1?

The connection with cam over WebUI is good. for all cams.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting.. Normally a Red lock means that the user that is logged into the device don't have access to them Channels? I gave my 4108-HS away I have many other 41xxE-HS and an A2 so I will confirm on one of mine that is the case..

Are you logged into the Admin account? Or a different user account?

About Ch1 yes.. That is what all IP cameras should load up as... If the IP camera has Mulit lens then ch1 or ch2 could make a difference on what lens is to be online for that camera kind of thing..

can you take a Picture what you see as well?
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is what I get when i setup an account called AdminLocked, I then turned off 2 channels for live view. One of them is still showing that it is recording because on the main admin account it is recording. But outside of that is this what you are seeing?
Screenshot (1375).png
Screenshot (1375).png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 415 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

it is kind of hard to see however if you look in the info for D6 and D7 they are not checked Because I am logged in with AdminLocked account I can check them only the main admin can because when account was setup admin took away that right..
Screenshot (1376).png
Screenshot (1376).png (64.09 KiB) Viewed 413 times
Be Safe.
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

Regarding your last post:
Under management>Account>User>Edit
It appears that all boxes are checked off for System, Playback and Monitor.
See picture [Account User.jpg]

Under Management >Account> Group> Admin> Edit <<< It appears that all boxes are checked off for System, Playback and Monitor.

Under Management >Account> Group> User> Edit The only box checked is Manual Control under System and all boxes are checked for Playback and Monitor.
See picture [Account Group User.jpg]

I have only ever created one user name and password as I am only one using this system. admin account?
Does the program create its own admin account? I log in under "Admin" and a password.

As an added note all the cams are being recorded, even the ones not showing on the monitor, so if I go into playback I can view any cam I have, even the ones not showing on the monitor.
Attachments
Account User.jpg
Account User.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 407 times
Account Group User.jpg
Account Group User.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 407 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I see the pictures for admin and user don't see a picture showing that all the Monitor channels are checked.. Can you post that and a pick of the window in question with LOCK? and Picture of the camera remote window where it shows the loaded cameras. Mine says Live yours says Monitor same thing different FW
Screenshot (1377).png
Screenshot (1377).png (269.02 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Screenshot (1378).png
Screenshot (1378).png (125.93 KiB) Viewed 405 times
Be Safe.