NVR problem

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lagrabow

Re: NVR problem

Post by lagrabow »

reduce encoding of your cameras
- woefully ignorant - how do I do this?
are you using H.265 or H.264H
- on Lorex cams [3] H265 3840x2160 VBR
- on Amcrest cams [3] H264H 2304x1296 VBR one of these cams is not showing on monitor
- on Dahua cam [1] H264H 1080p 1920x1080 CBR this cams is not showing on monitor
using recommended Bit Rates or Maxing out
- where do I find the recommended bit rate?
- Or what bit rate I am currently using?
playback the channels that are showing black
- yes the channels do playback, so, they are recording.
Are you able to view channels if you look at them in Single channel mode
- not sure what you mean, please expand.
The LOCK is confusing me.
There has to be an issue with the account being used or the accounts access if it is showing a LOCK.
Where would I go to check this red LOCK? Somewhere in settings?

NOTE: When ever I go into NVR and look at settings or cams or whatever, usually these two cams show on NVR monitor, but only for a minute or 2.
Also, the eighth slot for a cam on my NVR monitor screen also has a red lock, but there is no camera there.
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
NVR - NV4108-HS with 1TB HDD
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I started answering this with pictures and it was just taking to long. So I thought i would just make a video, maybe it will help. About the lock, Pictures in the first page of the thread is only place I know where the locks can be found on my DVR/NVRs.

Also show in my Video what my 16ch looks like in 16ch mode without any cameras loaded in ch10-16 there are no locks. This whole thing with the Locks is throwing me off..

https://youtu.be/-Rf22QzP7fw
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I just reset my 32ch back to factory and setup 1 camera, My 1046EW-AI on it, Then I setup an account Revo2Maxx, I gave it permission to use ch1, removed 2-8 and the rest has permission. So Then I logged in, did 8ch so you could see better picture of the Locks. Then did 36 grid so you could see in grid view and then I logged out the Revo2Maxx user and took a snapshot.. In the last photo If i really wanted them removed I would have done it at the area of what to show when not logged in. So I am really thinking if you see them for a Min or 2 that is because in this setup it will show when the user is logged out, However as soon as Revo2Maxx logs in you will get the locks. I am wondering if that is when you get the locks is after you log in.. Like I said last picture is after I log out the Revo2Maxx and I have not even logged in the admin account yet.. Last Picture LOCKS are gone.. That is what it would look like when NVR reboots before admin logs in. Or Revo2Maxx in this case where I have them setup as removed..
Screenshot (1448).png
Screenshot (1448).png (858.68 KiB) Viewed 362 times
Screenshot (1449).png
Screenshot (1449).png (169.24 KiB) Viewed 362 times
Screenshot (1450).png
Screenshot (1450).png (165.34 KiB) Viewed 362 times
Be Safe.
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

OK how do i turn off one camera?
Without having to reset it.
Last edited by lagrabow on Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Not sure I follow? Turn off 1 Camera?

Please note, are you using the Main Admin account? I just checked and I can't remove 1 or all or any of the Video Rights.. When I try it says I can't modify my own viewing rights. So then I thought Ok lets log back in Revo2Maxx that has admin rights and when I look it shows that the admin account has same cameras that are missing on mine meaning I can't remove them. However I can't remove any of them even with all of the channels added back in because it knows that that account is Main and as the Main admin it has GOD rights.. If you take away and then happen to remove your second admin account. The new admin account if you made one would have them missing channels as well..

If this is your NVR. I hate to say you are going to have to do 1 of two things.. First reset the NVR back to Factory. If that don't help you gain your cameras back after a Reset then if the NVR is still new *Meaning just bought from Auth Dealer* then you will want to setup a RMA for a Defective NVR.. If it isn't new and/or have no Warranty, then your NVR has an issue that isn't NORMAL and will have to live with it.. I don't have an Extra 4108-HS I gave mine away to another member. If I did, I would be willing to trade you a working one for your ODD BALL, However all I have left in my Fleet is POE NVR's and 2 that are not POE but are not an HS model. I mean I do have a LOW Hour 4108E-HS that I added to service after I gave my last 4108-HS away. I guess I would be willing to trade that as long as you are in the USA that is..
Be Safe.
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

Thank you Revo2Maxx.
My apologies for not getting back sooner.
I am in Canada.

The NVR is 5 years old and originally the cam that was not showing was a Dahua cam, so I thought that because it was not an Amcrest cam that might be the reason it did not show on the monitor, only a red lock symbol. In the last couple of years I have added 3 new cams [all Lorex brand] and have not had any problems with them showing on the monitor. Recently, I added an Amcrest cam [IP3M-943W] [same as my other Amcrest cams] and it did not show on monitor, only a red lock symbol.
So my guess is it is not a camera issue.
My NVR firmware is up to date.
Is it possible that changing my cam resolution would have any effect?
I would be willing to try an NVR reset. Is there a way to back up my current settings and add them back in after the reset? Can you give me instructions or a link to instructions?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So a Reset with issues being the reason for the reset will be problematic. If you were to do a Backup and a Restore then you will be only restoring the issue back into the NVR..

About changing the camera resolution? No If your issue was an Encoding problem where you were not able to bring in anymore cameras or there was a display issue of a cameras lets say is a 12mp and your NVR is only 8mp, Then changing the cameras encoding to make it a 8mp could let the camera be displayed (used) on the 8mp NVR. That isn't your issue.

With your issue being a Lock, There is only 2 reasons that come to mind of what they could be. 1 As I already outlined you are logging in as a second user without access to the Cameras feed once you log in. Or 2 Encryption of the cameras feed. However if the issue was the #2 then the feed would never post in the NVR to start with and I am not sure how that would work on the Dahua/Lorex/Amcrest line of Cameras. Only ones I have that have that built in are Hikvision and when I connect that device to my Amcrest NVR I am never prompted for the Key and or ever locked out. That is only when I use the camera on a Hikvision DVR/NVR that I get the Enter Encryption key to view the feed.

Then so I was sure it wouldn't act the same way with my Dahua cameras. I logged into the first camera came to mind, Older 8mp Zoom camera. Looking at the System there is an Encoding Encryption in there. So I turned it on and my NVR kept going as if nothing was changed. So I brought up DMSS, Went to the camera, Have not used DMSS with camera for while so changed to the right IP in the setup for the camera, Hit live view and the feed came online, Didn't ask me for a Key or anything so not sure what it does in the Dahua cameras All of mine are unchecked. In my cameras it is under WebUI for the Dahua camera, Setup, System, Security. In there for mine anyway is an area with red text next to the boxes giving a warning. I would log in your Dahua WebUI of your camera and see if maybe disabling that cures the issue if enabled. However looking at all my Old to New Amcrest cameras, I don't have any that have that feature even on my newest Amcrest 8mp camera. So not sure why or where..

Before doing a Reset, I would try this. Remove one camera from your NVR.. Going to your NVR GUI, Right click, *Main Mein* click on Camera, then click on one that isn't working on the current channel. lets say 6 isn't working. Go to 6th camera in the lower box and click on the Trash can for the camera. It is now removed. Now right click, right click, Should be at NVR GRID view *Live View* then click on the + in the 8th camera slot. Add that camera back that you just removed from 6, doing it this way it will be added to the 8th channel and not the 6th if you were to add it in normally.. Click the camera in the listed cameras box and add it in to ch8. Now do a Grid view of all cameras and see if your camera is now showing on CH8?

If not then only thing to do is a System Reset of the NVR.. Right click, Main Menu, Operation, System Maintain, Factory Defaults. When setting up make sure to make the changes to your Recording modes and Snapshot modes. If you leave them as they are from factory, It will fill your HDD up faster then needed. I go into the Storage, Schedule click all Channels, then all days and remove Full time recording. Then I save, then click the Snapshot again choose all channels, and all days remove full time snapshot . Adding back Alarm to go with motion in both Recording and snapshot. Not everyone using alarm so might not be something you need to add in.
Be Safe.