NVR problem

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lagrabow

Re: NVR problem

Post by lagrabow »

pick of the window in question with LOCK?
Not sure what you mean here.

My screens don't look quite the same as yours. Is that because you are using a different NVR?
Is there a firmware update I am missing?
where do I find the firmware version for my NVR

Why does yours say LIVE while mine says Monitor?
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
NVR - NV4108-HS with 1TB HDD
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Older and newer Amcrest NVR, so was just pointing out the difference, could have used different device but not cameras I normally post so just did one that didn't care if camera were posted.

So need to see 2 things, monitor page and display page to right of auto log out is another view area
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a couple of pictures of what should look like yours.. Anyway in the one from before showing with Monitor, All should be checked and in the second under system should have all them checked as well.. First picture is off the WebUI the Other is from the GUI after I realized that WebUI don't have the info in second picture..
Screenshot (1382).png
Screenshot (1382).png (106.6 KiB) Viewed 346 times
Screenshot (1383).png
Screenshot (1383).png (94.06 KiB) Viewed 346 times
Be Safe.
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

the trouble is:
When I go to System > General << I don't see anywhere to bring up the "Authority" screen, either under the WebGUI or GUI.
Is there something I need to change in settings to see Authority screen?

When I go to:
Account > User > Edit - ALL boxes are checked under Monitor.
IP cams - Amcrest 943W [3- wired], Dahua [1 wired], 2 Lorex w/sound [wired], 1 no sound [wired]
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I know you are saying that you are using a NV4108, It has been a while since I looked at the GUI of the 4108 normal aka 4108H 4108E NVRs. The Newer ones that I own 4108E-HS, 4108-A2 and all other NVRs that I own has that option so thoughts yours did as well.. If using the Normal it seems there is no access to that area in the GUI that I can remember and not placed where it is on newer ones as you can see in the pictures below..
Screenshot (1411).png
Screenshot (1411).png (116.62 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Screenshot (1412).png
Screenshot (1412).png (100.02 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Screenshot (1414).png
Screenshot (1414).png (236.4 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Be Safe.
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

How does not seeing my "non-login User Permission" relate to my not being able to see my 2 cameras on my monitor?

I am trying to find my current firmware version. Can you tell me where to look on WebGUI or GUI? I see on the Amcrest site there is a firmware update for my model, but I don't know if I already have it.

Thanks for your help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sure, From the main desktop of the WebUI, click on Operation then on left click on Information. See picture below. If easier from GUI of the NVR it self.
Right click, Main Menu, *Log in if you have to* then top right should have Operation *if using any 4.0 version* that is, Then again Information and it will dispaly your current FW
Screenshot (1422).png
Screenshot (1422).png (60.32 KiB) Viewed 328 times
Be Safe.
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

Ok My firmware is up to date.

Is there anything else I can check to find out why my 2 cams are not showing. We spoke of bandwidth earlier, What limits the bandwidth to 88.o Mbps? Is there anyway to increase it?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hard to guess, I would say if you have hit the 88 limit, Then you will need to reduce encoding of your cameras.

One are you using H.265 or H.264H? Next are you using recommended Bit Rates or Maxing out? If you are maxing out I would look at some playback and see if you are not maybe having some packet losses with the connected cameras.

are you able to playback the channels that are showing black? Are you able to view channels if you look at them in Single channel mode?

The LOCK is confusing me. There has to be an issue with the account being used or the accounts access if it is showing a LOCK Try and make a new Full access Admin account and log into that account and see if the issue remains? The Whole lock thing is not making any since. The Flash of the channel and Lock anyway.. Makes no Sense to me..
Be Safe.
lagrabow

Post by lagrabow »

Thanks Revo2Maxx.
Will look into these things and get back tomorrow.