NVR Offline

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

NVR Offline

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So today something strange happen. My 2108E-HS went offline from my Main NVR. So I thought ok reboot was bad or blown up NVR. I get out there and all the cameras connected to it is working, I am thinking ok that is odd. After looking at my NVR I found that the normal Network port is no longer working. The POE ports do just no connection to the Network for remote access.

So then I try the normal Change out Ethernet cord, change ports on Switch, test different device on switch and all point to Ethernet port of my 2108E-HS being dead...

For now I changed out the cameras connected to it and running my older 4108E to the cameras seeing that NVR is only working stand alone without a network connection normally and after I look into what is going on in my 2108E-hS I will either put in in the stand alone area or replace it..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR Offline

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So brought the NVR in for some testing. At this point it is to early to say. What I do know is that when i plugged it into my switch in the house it took about 10 minutes before the network started to work. Or did it? While the lights came on, on the switch and Ethernet port. Doing a search with IP config didn't turn up the IP of the NVR. Using the Browser and typing in the IP didn't bring up the WebUI.. So I took the top off and did a Visual inspection of the top of the PCB. Then probing around the Network portion of the PCB with my finger I got Burnt touching the Ethernet Chip. So I took out my Thermal Probe for testing my Nitro RC cars and the chip was 128f and around the speaker was 160f and that tells me there is something on the bottom of the PCB or if it is a Multi layer board it might have issue on the center layer. Either way the system will need to be troubleshoot more before I put it back into service even if only a none internet connected for local only. If it is getting that hot it won't be long before it destroys something other then the Ethernet Connection.

For right now the 4108E is working well enough to power 4 of the 8 cameras I was using on it.. The others are being powered form a old POE switch that is long past it's prime. Even the Managed UI of the Switch is no longer able to be accessed lol But the POE ports are good enough to power a few cameras that don't need POE Plus..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR Offline

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So been busy working wood and have not had time to get to working on my Electronics. With the Fall, and winter time I had a few cameras to change Gel packs and some wood working that needed to be done. It wasn't until another user had an issue with a 2104E-HS that I revisited my 2108E-HS that has had the issue where all devices connected to POE ports worked fine just no access to normal network IP cameras or access to the WebUI of the NVR.

In my last post I thought there might have been something on the bottom of the PCB, However taking the board out there is nothing under the board, So looking again around the area I did find a 2201 6pin chip that is very hot, Not 160F however it does seem to be the issue of the device from working.

This chip is Micro in size being 1.60mm x 2.90mm or 0.063 x 0.114173 of an inch. If you look at the chip, Pins 1 and 6 area of the chip is dark black and is my guess the cause of the disruption of normal Ethernet for the device. What is odd is that the system can do a Search and find devices in the network, However when I add them devices it will not access them and if I try to access the IP of the NVR it will not let me. Just fails to find the NVR and IP config tools don't locate the NVR anymore either.. Will look for a donor chip until the one from China gets here.
20221107_003518.jpg
20221107_003518.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 172 times
Be Safe