NVR NV5216 Alarm Out Connector

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jhambach

NVR NV5216 Alarm Out Connector

Post by jhambach »

The alarm out port, on the back of the NV5216 is labeled 1c & n, 2c & n, a, and b. what are these 6 connections representing? The user manual DOES NOT explain these connections.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR NV5216 Alarm Out Connector

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well I am not 100% sure as that is odd without knowing what all the in or outs are listed for the unit...

So for me if I had to guess with how mine are setup the 1C and 2C would mean they ware setup as a Normally Closed Alarm and the N is the neutral or common that would go your output or if that is the input as I don't know what one your listing for.. Then your A and B is for RS-485 connection if your using a PTZ camera that would need a RS-485 connection and that would chain off the CCTV PTZ controller as well so you could use the WebUI if you were away from home and your camera uses RS-485 and not Network control.. You would setup the address in the camera, and on the NVR, and if you have a controller like I do on that as well for the camera address, speed and rate and once set when you call that camera you can control its PTZ functions...
Be Safe.
jhambach

Post by jhambach »

Thanks for the reply. I believe that you are right. I would like to find some type of documention on this. In the photo, the top connector is the Alarm Out port Information is very limited in the user manual.
Attachments
NVR.jpg
NVR.jpg (4.91 MiB) Viewed 1278 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah there should be something in your manual I am guessing that it might be a manual that covers a few different models but there should be something in the back of the NVR layout part that talks about that.. Yes that is like one of mine.. I have 5 and on 4 of them I have NO and C1 and the 5th I have NO and NC and C5 So on all mine I have Normally Open and Common 1-5 however for 5 I also have a Normally Closed Option as well.. So yours is showing the C for common to the alarm out and then the N for the Open and yours has the lines for 1 and 2

Then your 1 and 2 and the ground symbol and 3 and 4 and ground is for Alarm inputs...

Here is a couple of pictures from my manual and first shows the layout and second shows the use
NVRAlarm.jpg
NVRAlarm.jpg (116.71 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
NVRAlarm1.jpg
NVRAlarm1.jpg (43.77 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
Here is a Picture of one of my Dahua DVRs with alarms it was in my Garage and I had to remove it to take a picture because it is packed in well and hidden can't see the connections because they are facing down inside the wall where it is hidden.. Had to remove unit for picture..
20200808_204524_resized.jpg
20200808_204524_resized.jpg (700.83 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
Be Safe.
jhambach

Post by jhambach »

I appreciate you uploading those pics! I don't know why I'm having such a difficult time wrapping my head around this. From what you are telling me, connections 1C and 1N are for an internal relay that is operated by "alarm 1 out" that is normally open? Dry contacts, no voltage?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest I am not 100% sure how yours is.. What I can tell you is that all of my Machines seems to be little different.. This picture is one of my Dahua machines and while it is same ID name as the other picture I posted just before it has different alarm setup.. Go Figure.. So seeing I Dug my way into the first Security Closet I wasn't able to get into the second part that holds my NVR's this one is for my DVR's (Someone Stopped by so had to exit) Seeing this room is 2 rooms inside of a hidden area of my home that no one has access to besides my family..

However while in there I was able to test the Contact on the 3 They are setup and to be honest I am not 100% sure how they work as it has been long time... So my son isn't happy with me lol.. But I had him go test my Flasher in the shed touching the 2 contacts that would be for alarm 3 together the flasher went off Removing contact from the 2 Flasher went off... and yes My test did also reveal that on an event from Alarm 3 it would with my meter set to beep go to Zero and beep

However odd thing was in Standby there was a strange floating 20 to -20mv that would go up and down 1 to 2 mv I can clearly hear the Relays click when an event happens so not sure why there is a floater.. I know it don't matter to my Relay that triggers my Flasher..
20200810_205024_resized.jpg
20200810_205024_resized.jpg (807.97 KiB) Viewed 1210 times
Be Safe.
jhambach

Post by jhambach »

Again, I appreciate your efforts. I put a vom meter on 1C and on 1N. In ALARM MODE, I get 0 volts and 0 ohms in continuity mode. When in NORMAL MODE or no alarm, I get a few millivolts (which I think is normal) and an OPEN in contiuity mode. I have to conclude that I'm dealing with a common contact and a normally open contact of a relay. I wish the user manual was better at explaining this port. I hate to put a current through these connections and end up smoking it. Thanks again.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry I can't be there to see what is going on.. So Bring up the Menu and go to Event, Alarm Output and make sure you setup your system the way you want I have mine set to Schedule, Then Detect and Motion Detect menu you should have your Alarm out there.. Or where ever you want to Setup sorry to assume that it would be under Motion.. Alarm you can setup your out where you want I was just trying to give idea how to make it work...

So say you want it to work on Camera 1, You would bring up that in Motion Detect and then you can setup what ever you want for output lets say 1. Then you click save.. Mine came setup for 10s I have changed them to 3 on Latch.. However if your Latch Alarm time is to long or if you want a long time Latch so you manually turn it off you would set that in the Latch area.. However on one of mine I have it setup for 2 seconds because 3 was to long on triggering my PTZ.. You also can setup that in your NVR as well with a Sensor if you wanted a Camera setup to Record in an area that gets to many false alerts you could setup a Sensor or Door Latch and that input you can then setup to a PTZ to go to a Preset and start Recording... Also while I don't want to get into everything for what I have setup.. But you could also setup a Flood light that works off a Relay from your Output that is triggered by one of your inputs... Also you can but after all the issues I had I have since removed it but you could even hook it up to your Home Alarm system as well. Just keep in mind that if your Alarm is Monitored you will want to let them know the type of input your trigger is from as it can cost you for false alerts.. Like I said I have my system connected now the way I want outside my alarm system.. I have some sensors that are Safety Keyed and in the event someone enters the Shed that is turned off if it isn't turned off then the Camera will trigger an alarm that will almost blind someone for a moment or 2.. Then that camera also triggers a different camera to start recording that is only going to record when 2 events happen and that is because it is manual set Shutter speed because of the Flashers light with the shutter speed set high the camera can see in bright light and still get a good image where the normal camera in there will be blinded because the Shutter set to auto isn't fast enough to change until the 4th or 5th flash and by then the person that broke in most likely wouldn't be there lol

I would reach out the Support team via Email or even call them and they can tell you how much current can go though the relay I am thinking not much..

When you have your Alarm out and you were testing the ports could you hear the NVR Cick the relay in? or you were just going off the motion icon and no output at that time????

Here are some WebUI snapshots of my setup can't see the PTZ but it is telling the CH7 to ptz preset 1
Screenshot (2613).png
Screenshot (2613).png (50.99 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
Screenshot (2614).png
Screenshot (2614).png (54.07 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
Screenshot (2615).png
Screenshot (2615).png (69.17 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
Screenshot (2616).png
Screenshot (2616).png (69.09 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh and Forgot to mention that my Alarm 2 is going to a Amber flasher to remind me that my HDD is almost full because I have removed all of my Systems Buzzers that is built into the DVR and NVR because I don't want them to ever be heard seeing they are in a hidden room.. So my systems are setup to Latch a strobe and timer in my office Each one has a Set time and I just look at my Cheat sheet to see what system is almost filled and collect data as needed and format them again.. So in this unit it is alarm 2.. Also some people have seen in my machines and the little Buzzer is still there that is because I remove the Trace on the Mother board that makes them work.. Non of the Buzzers in my Machines are connected...

Also I am still working out some bugs in this setup lol The other night 2 machines went off and I had to log into all of them to find out what one(s) was full come to find out I need to work out something to pool the data because when it happened I had 184 seconds on the timer but don't have any set for that come to find out one set the latch the other latched as the first one was sending the data and after the first one turned off it took the 74 seconds of it's 90 and my timer that just takes the power and counts until it stops didn't notice it was from 2 sources lol
Be Safe.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

jhambach wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:27 pm ... I wish the user manual was better at explaining this port. I hate to put a current through these connections and end up smoking it...
It looks like the Alarm Relay Specifications are on page 10 of the NVR manual.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18nvr7M ... sp=sharing