NVR NV4108E Does not turn on.

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jacobloretto

NVR NV4108E Does not turn on.

Post by jacobloretto »

My NVR NV4108E does not turn on.

At the beginning I thought was the power supply, but once I opened I could see there is a yellow led on in the board.

Do you know what does it means?

The fan is off, the hd is off. This model does not have a power button.

I already tried connecting a video source as VGA or HDMI does not display anything.

There is a button in the board, I can press it but does not do anything.

Do you have any information that could help me?

https://youtu.be/Ue9DdH1Hjrc
Attachments
IMG_5235 copy.jpg
IMG_5235 copy.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 7563 times
IMG_5232 copy.jpg
IMG_5232 copy.jpg (3.02 MiB) Viewed 7563 times
IMG_5229 copy.jpg
IMG_5229 copy.jpg (2.05 MiB) Viewed 7563 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR NV4108E Does not turn on.

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well kind of something I have seen before..

I have a 4108E-HS as well that worked ok for about 2 years when I went to look at my cameras one day it was offline. Had my son go to the house and reboot it because I also have a 4108E normal that would go offline after a few months and would need a reboot onsite. So I thought it might have been same issue however It didn't come on, So I had him take the power supply from one of my other POE NVR's and try that and it didn't come on so I had him ship it to me and even with the Orange light on it was dead.. After some time and testing I replaced the defective part and it is back running again. Tracking down the issue wasn't easy and in my case it was off the bottom side of the Circuit board even though part of the circuits on the top where showing Short to ground

So without testing first that the Power supply isn't the issue it would be hard to say what or why.. For trouble shooting this issue that would be the first place to start, Also removing the HDD if you have one installed, and disconnecting the fan don't have to remove the HDD just disconnect the leads both power and data.. Then once all that is done you can then start to trouble shoot the NVR circuit level if you have the tools.. There is no Schematics to be found so it will just be the game of track the issue.. First can say not a fuse at the incoming power area seeing you have a orange light so the circuit board is getting some power. Just need to find the fault..

With any luck it is only a Power supply issue.. Bad power supply might be enough to power the led but not the rest of the system..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also incase your missing the data for a different power supply here is from the bottom of my NVR and my supply is a 2amp supply
4108E-HS.jpg
4108E-HS.jpg (533.68 KiB) Viewed 7559 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Found my notes that I take when I am making repairs and the one I have setup for my 4108E-HS is as Follows..

If I ever have issues with this MB again first check C1471 on the bottom of the Motherboard.. This SMD cap is on the bottom first cap in front of the Ethernet port
Be Safe
Danner5

Post by Danner5 »

I have the same problem with my NVR. What is the value of C1471 capacitor? Was this the fix?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the forum..

Sadly I don't have a Schematic and don't know the right value of the SMD cap that was removed and replaced. (When bad they have no good value) Just to be clear it is best to remove your defective component for testing. Seeing the time I spent on trying to find where my issue was I make sure I make notes in case I have the same type issue in the future I know where to start looking. When I first started troubleshooting this issue I was on the top of the board testing so it was important for me to keep notes that the issue was on the bottom.

Not everyone will have the same issue.

All other parts removed for testing was soldered back on board and that was only one that was replaced so for me I would say that was my Fix.. Seeing other components removed didn't seem to have any visual defects in workmanship that is my guess that it was for sure my fix..

Before I do any board level repairs I do a Visual check of the board, checking traces and components for damage or defects.
Be Safe