NVR not seeing video

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jlm

NVR not seeing video

Post by jlm »

I have an Amcrest POE Network Video Recorder (NV4116E).

I also have 2 Amcrest Wi-Fi PTZ cameras (IP4-1051B) and 2 Amcrest PoE Outdoor cameras (IP8M-T2499EB-40MM).

These were all gifted to me.

I connected the NVR to my network. I know it's connected, because the Router sees it.

I set up one of the Wifi cameras and see its video on my phone, so I know it too is connected to the network (I also checked the Router and it sees it). The NVR sees the camera (it shows its IP address in the Add Camera section), but doesn't show the video. The video section shows the Wifi camera IP address and states "Can not find the network host."

The person who gifted this setup to me wasn't sure if the NVR would show the Wifi camera video feeds.

So, my question is, should the NVR be able to pick up, show, and record the Wifi camera feeds?

I haven't hooked up the other Wifi camera or the PoE cameras (as these 2 will require running cables to them).

If the NVR should be able to do this, any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR not seeing video

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum...

Sadly I am sorry I am little slow and didn't catch it all so I will answer the best I can on what I did catch and will maybe offer some info that might help with your task at hand...

First thing you will want to do is make sure that the NVR is connected and that you can access the NVR... Bring up the NVR, click to get into Main Menu, Then Network, double check that your IP is right of what you think it is.. Like Mine is 10.0.0.222.. Then also make sure that your Subnet is setup right, 255.255.255.0 then make sure you have the right Gateway setup so if say your IP was 192.168.22.44 for your network and that was the one given or setup static in your right range then most times your gateway would be 192.168.22.1..
Then bring up IE and type in your NVR IP address 192.168.22.44 and press enter and log into the NVR's WebUI..

Next you will want to look over your NVR's Switch Tab and make sure that your NVR's Switch is going to hand out IP address that is 1 not in the same Range as your normal Lan and 2 is setup to give a unique range of IP like most of them are already setup normally at 10.1.1.1 as the range and they normally hand out IPs around 10.1.1.65 up...

Then you will want to look at your Cameras IP and make sure they are within that range. For some POE cameras when connected to the POE switch of the NVR it will Hard Set the IP for the NVR's Switch range.. However keep in mind if you lets say have setup 1 POE to the switch and then connected 2 cameras to the NVR that are Wifi and using your 192.168.22.xxx range of IP's you can connect to the NVR a Wifi camera... However if you change the Range within the back side of the NVR's switch 10.1.1.66 and 67 say you were going to connect 2 these cameras can't connect to the NVR with out a cable connected to the NVR on that IP

SO I am clear.
Your Home Network 192.168.22.1 (gateway) NVR 192.168.22.44, Computer 192.168.22.22
NVR's Switch IP is 10.1.1.1 you will want to make sure anything connecting to the NVR via the NVR IP of 192.168.22.44 is on the range of 192.168.22.xxx if it is connected to the Back side IP setting a static IP as 10.1.1.xx it will not connect without a cable being connected from router to a back POE PORT of NVR...
Be Safe.
jlm

Post by jlm »

Thank you for the response, Revo2Maxx.

I followed some of that, but am still a bit confused.

I logged into the NVR via Chrome, as you suggested. It had me download the Amcrest Web Service app.

In that GUI, I see the camera areas, with D1 having an X through it.

When I look at the Switch settings on the NVR, they show the 10.1.1.1 you mention, Subnet Mask 225.225.225.0, and the Default Gateway as 10.1.1.1.

My home network IP address is 192.168.x.x.

My computer has an IP address of 192.168.x.x.

The NVR has an IP address set by my router of 192.168.x.x.

The Wifi camera has an IP address set by my router of 192.168.x.x.

I don't understand what you mean by "...if you change the Range within the back side of the NVR's switch..."

But I also suspect you are telling me a Wifi camera can't be picked up by the NVR; only a cabled camera can be. Is this assumption correct?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No they can

check your messages
Be Safe.
jlm

Post by jlm »

Revo2Maxx, you are a rock star!

It took up way too much of your time, but I am very grateful for your assistance in getting the wifi cameras to come up the NVR.

Thank you very much.

Cheers!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Your Welcome and I am glad that I was able to help get it working for you.. Thanks for listening to my Rant about CCA cables lol
Be Safe.