NVR NOT DISPLAYING CAMERAS ON DISK MANAGMENT

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jack7

Re: NVR NOT DISPLAYING CAMERAS ON DISK MANAGMENT

Post by jack7 »

Revo2Maxx, you wrote:
"Take a case with one of my cameras that I have a connection to, It is in a remote location that I can access using a 192.168.0.xxx IP."

How do you do that?  To me, a remote location means a location 100 miles away.  So you just add a camera to ASP using an IP address on a local network in a remote location?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

While it can be done. It isn't something that I work with and took loads of time to setup between my 2 sites using Cisco routers and VPN service. While there are other routers out there that work using VPN and others have talked about making a connection from DVR/NVR's and cameras and such over VPN, I don't normally push or support such things as there are better ways for access from remote sites to Amcrest devices and I use that most times for all my setups normally. However because of one location that I have setup on a limited connection from well over 100 miles away that I have access to for 2 hours on set days. I need a better connection then P2P normally lets me have so that is why I setup a VPN connection to it. Again this is a connection that is turned on and off by the network settings.

So I just wanted to make sure I was clear, When I am talking about using a VPN, I am using a Site to Site setup and while I do also use for some other locations a Remote VPN they are 2 different types of VPN setups. Again this isn't something that is easy to just toss out a few lines of text to how to setup and so I don't promote using such site to site connection.. Then because my connection is being done using a Cisco Router I have the IP on that router that is connected to the other side of my VPN on a different range again why that IP is in 192.168.0.xxx and not my normal 10.0.0.xxx range. From my Cisco router I have it setup to make the one connection to camera over a DMZ that gives me direct accesses on the 192 ip even though it isn't the true IP for the device. It is complex and out of the scope of normal how to setup ASP for connections to remote sites.

As I said it is complex and while I said it can be done it isn't something that is normally able to be this is how to do it and why and what to do. That would need to be done with a Network Forum that supports the End users Hardware seeing setting up a Tunnel VPN isn't the same on all devices and can be something so small can cause the Site 2 site access not to work and so best to leave it for the End user to find a connection method for their connection type.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Today is a day that I have access to that camera. in this picture you can see it shows the connection to that camera over P2P and also over the 192.168.x.x connection as connected. I covered most of the SN as I don't need people trolling my devices over P2P. My normal IP range here at my local area is 10.0.0.xxx as normal cameras and you can see for one of my connected 850's that it is also connected on different IP. again on older ASP it didn't want to work well with PC-NVR if you had multi IP in your network settings with newer ASP it works and able to even record that camera on the 192.168.x.xxx range IP...
asp-devices.png
asp-devices.png (23.23 KiB) Viewed 951 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Now I am past my Connection time and if I try to access the Camera I get not connected to Network as expected because that network connection is now closed and my connection isn't there anymore however all other local traffic is still connected and you can see at the bottom of my screen that the connection to the network is really there. As I am sure you know when your connection to the internet isn't there the computer turns into a World Symbol where mine is showing the connected. That is only for my local connection..
Screenshot (4062).png
Screenshot (4062).png (92.85 KiB) Viewed 950 times
Be Safe