NVR Hard Drive Formatting & Overwrite

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RedStorm

NVR Hard Drive Formatting & Overwrite

Post by RedStorm »

Amcrest -

Here's my unit's info:
  • Device Type: NV2104E
    Soft Version: 10003
    Onvif Cliente Version 2.4.1
    System Version: 3.200.AC00.0
    Build Date: 05.16.17
    Web 3.1.0.68011
Questions:

1. Why does the hard-drive not getting overwritten when full? The device just stops recording.
2. Why does the device need to get rebooted each time I format the drive?

Tried using SSD & Non-SSD drives. Same behaviour.

If the system actually works as designed and overwrites the drive when full, then I won't need to format the drive, then reboot the device every day.

Is there a firmware that can fix these bugs?

Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_6792.JPG
IMG_6792.JPG (284.36 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
IMG_6791.JPG
IMG_6791.JPG (534.96 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
James.S

Re: NVR Hard Drive Formatting & Overwrite

Post by James.S »

Unfortunately, off the top of my head, I would not be able to provide you with a resolution. I would highly advise you reach out to our support email where an agent or myself will work with you one on one to further investigate and troubleshoot with you why you are running into this issue.

Please reach out to us at ([email protected]) We would be more than happy to assist you further.
RedStorm

Post by RedStorm »

Amcrest Support directed me to this PDF Page and asked if my drives are on the list.

I'm using WD2003FYYS-02W0B1 & Vertex 3 Series VTX3-25SAT3

Since my drives aren't on the list, that was an easy way out for the support to tell me that my drives are incompatible.

1. That's very very inconvenient. They're just hard drives. The software should be able to just overwrite the drive. Now I have to buy a new hard drive without really knowing that it will fix the issues.

2. Rebooting the device after formatting a drive is also very very inconvenient.

Maybe amcrest made some kind of deal with these manufacturers to only use their drives.
RedStorm

Post by RedStorm »

Since I don't feel like buying a drive from THIS LIST provided by Amcrest Support, I'll just see if the software can actually delete a 2 day old recording. If it can't, I'm sure amcrest will tell me to buy a drive from the list :lol:

I have so many good hard drives. I'm not looking to spend another $100 or so on this unit because the software can't handle a drive that's not on the list. It really makes no sense.. :evil: