NVR Flashing Blue Light

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bubbska

NVR Flashing Blue Light

Post by bubbska »

My NVR starting flashing blue on the front of the unit. Was told maybe it was the power cord. Nope
Was also told it could be the hard drive. Not that either.
Could not add a video of what it is doing. The lights in the pic repeatadly flash rapidly
Any ideas?
IMG_8963.jpg
IMG_8963.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1637 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR Flashing Blue Light

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Dead unit is my guess.

If you tried a new power supply (not easy in that NVR) and tried booting the NVR with out HDD connected and the system don't boot to splash screen or give any ARP info for an ip you can connect to the NVR is dead. If not in Warranty time it's e-waste time. If you were local to me I would look at it
Be Safe.
SteveyD

Post by SteveyD »

I have the same issue. Disconnected the HDD and the flashing stopped. On the monitor, a split screen of four cameras comes up but the mouse does not seem to be recognized even tho the red light is on the mouse. So i can't get to the main menu.
SteveyD

Post by SteveyD »

Update. With the HDD connected the there are two red led's that were flashing. Removed the HDD and the led next to the CPU, close to the back of the unit continued to flash.
THe unit is Amcrest 1080p ProHD 8 Channel DVR
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@bubbska Know it has been a year, Just wondering if you ever had your NVR repaired or find out what was wrong with it? Not knowing what model it was, I am thinking it might be a Power Supply issue. With that type again my guess is that it is a POE model with a power supply that is inside that has a normal Looking PC plug in cable. That power supply would provide 12v and 48 to 57v for the POE. Maybe the system has enough power to put the system into a Voltage Low lock that sends flashing led to the front so the owner knows there is something wrong. Something like VCC good/hot for when it is working and the VCC Low if the voltage isn't able to provide the right type of voltage but is able to store enough lower voltage to cause the visual I am not working light display.

Just trying to learn what you found out with your unit.
Be Safe.