NVR drops cameras connection

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ccgiv

NVR drops cameras connection

Post by ccgiv »

Okay so I have an Amcrest NVR (NV4432E) set up on my network with 8 Amcrest ip cameras (ip2m-841b) plugged directly into the ethernet ports on the back of the nvr, and 3 additional Amcrest ip cams that are not directly plugged in to the nvr. About once a week or so the the nvr will drop all connections only to the 8 cameras plugged directly into it but the 3 "remote" cameras still work fine. The only solution I could find to fix the problem it to manually reboot the nvr. Amcrest support has given me no help at all to resolve this issue and I find this very frustrating.. Is anyone else having this issue? I have talked to the support staff many times about it but they are no help just telling me to reboot the system. It seems like Amcrest doesn't care enough to fix the issue.
OilidHun

Re: NVR drops cameras connection

Post by OilidHun »

I was wondering if you have gotten this issue fixed? I have to reboot daily and sometimes I have to power off the unit and power on again to get them working. I have not heard back from support at all on this issue.

Richard
mattmodz

Post by mattmodz »

I have an Eco 1080p series with the RCA connections to the camera. I had been having the problem once every few months. Now the issue is happening much more frequently. Just the other day the cameras were in the failed to connect state. I can still access the unit but not the live or playback option due to this issue. I rebooted the box and the live/playback was working again. Then about an hour later it was back in this state.

Called in today to report the issue. I was told they are gathering data as a few people have been reporting the problem. They will get back to me....Not sure where this will go. My warranty expires in Sept.
Spud980

Post by Spud980 »

Good day.. I actually just got off the phone with tech support about this same issue. They did not help at all. I am new to this system and I have to delete the cameras and research to bring them up. I gather its not normal? I then asked if we can go over my setting and basically he just said everything was fine and disconnected. I dont even know if Im hooked up properly. I have the POE NVR and several cameras. I have the AMNV20M8-4B System
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I have the same problem, so Amcrest View is essentially useless. The problem is solved (temporarily) by rebooting the system. This is not a big problem if I am at home as I can reboot the system (DVR) by turning power off. When I am away from home this is a problem. I have not determined how soon after a system reboot that the camera connections are lost. The Remote View on my PC has a "Manual Reboot" button that possibly could solve the problem, but it does not work.
chuckbig

Post by chuckbig »

Wired POE cameras drop, wireless stay up. That said, my wireless cameras will intermittently lock up and need to be reset from time to time. Stinks, as this is for a remote site that is over an hour away.
MidnightShadow

Post by MidnightShadow »

ccgiv wrote:Okay so I have an Amcrest NVR (NV4432E) set up on my network with 8 Amcrest ip cameras (ip2m-841b) plugged directly into the ethernet ports on the back of the nvr, and 3 additional Amcrest ip cams that are not directly plugged in to the nvr. About once a week or so the the nvr will drop all connections only to the 8 cameras plugged directly into it but the 3 "remote" cameras still work fine. The only solution I could find to fix the problem it to manually reboot the nvr. Amcrest support has given me no help at all to resolve this issue and I find this very frustrating.. Is anyone else having this issue? I have talked to the support staff many times about it but they are no help just telling me to reboot the system. It seems like Amcrest doesn't care enough to fix the issue.
Similar issue :
It's still an ongoing issue.
Having same/ similar problem with NVR2108E system. 3 cameras show failed to connect.
These 3 are connected directly on the NVR. Can reboot and re-add but after couple of hours
they fail to connect again. Reboot it works, never ending cycle continues. (shouldn't have to
continually reboot.) Using P2P Application Setting instead of PortForward.
These three have constant problems on the NVR2108E. The other 5 cameras are connected via a POE (af managed) switch and have no connectivity issues. Firmware has been updated on all 8 cameras and NVR to latest.
However if left alone for couple of day's they will re-appear for short while and then fail to connect. Since this is such a weird problem it's hard to pin-point. Although, you would think being direct connected to the NVR it would be more stable.
Camera Model : 7 : IP2M-844E
PTZ Camera Model : 1 : IP2M-850E

Grebnehtor

Post by Grebnehtor »

Same issue. Amcrest needs to step up to fix. I live in the city and need constant surveillance. Any updates?
sharoon

Post by sharoon »

Check if all network switches connected to the same quantity of IP cameras, making sure each of IP camera can have average/balanced network resources.
Making sure the NVR has sufficient network bandwidth, if not, please connect the NVR to the Gigabit network switch.
Check the RJ45 socket, making sure the cables are firmly connected to the socket.
james_s

Post by james_s »

I'm having this same problem on my mom's NV-4108E-HS, cameras intermittently drop out, one of the four drops frequently then often returns a day or so later. Another two drop occasionally, I noticed this when I went to look at the recording. One of them has been rock solid, I've never seen that one drop. All of these are 3MP PoE IP cams connected directly to the NVR.

I suspect the PoE switch built into the NVR is flaky. I have identical Amcrest cameras at my house wired to a separate PoE switch and they have all been rock solid. If they cannot get such a basic feature to work reliably they should not offer it.