NVR drops cameras connection

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
scoutermac

Re: NVR drops cameras connection

Post by scoutermac »

James_s,

have you ever had issues with the cameras rebooting while using the included AC adapter? I am using a IP4M-1026W and this device is powered by the provided ac adapter. It power cycles multiple times a day. I thought it might have been a power issue so I purchased an APC and it is still occurring. I am considering switching to POE to see if this helps.
klbj1961

Post by klbj1961 »

Going on 3 years fighting this issue. Amcrest is hopeless. My cabin is 1000 miles away and I need a solid system. Tech support is a joke and they really don't care. Just continue to give lip service without results... piss poor company. Will never recommend them and advise others to buy from someone else.
Bwalters613

Post by Bwalters613 »

NV4108E here, same issue. Camera 3 drops off, comes back a week later maybe, drops off again...reboots don't seem to fix it directly. Going to try and put them on my PoE switch to see if anything changes. Not sure yet how to program them or if they will pull DHCP initially.
WilliamA

Post by WilliamA »

I'm having the same issue with a NV4432E. Is Amcrest working on a fix?
Cam3n

Post by Cam3n »

Just adding my own experience with my NVR2108. I was fighting dropped cameras (all hard-wired) passive POE. I kept blaming the NVR and i would watch the kpbs on the live preview drop to 0 and then go black.

Then I solved it. My assumptions were completely reversed. The issue was the network connection between the cameras and the NVR. Once I replaced the old switch in my network I have had non stop, much higher, throughput from the cameras and zero outages.

As others have hinted, check your own network and monitor the bandwidth.

Another easy test (which is what led me to the answer) is to connect directly to the camera from your web browser and see if the video remains solid. If it drops out then you know the issue isn't the NVR.

Amcrest not knowing the answer may be valid.
johndevid4

Post by johndevid4 »

For that I have a suggetion for you, if you interested in it then you will do one thing just browse somr different tricks by which you will do it easily. Faced any issue like this then use windows application that version is great to use.
gleapman

Post by gleapman »

Cam3n, please explain how your experience is helpful in addressing the issue in the original post. I too have had this issue and others with the NV2108E (which has built-in POE) for the 18 months I've owned it, and am about to give up on Amcrest and buy a different brand of NVR. The original issue of this thread is with a POE NVR with cameras plugged directly into the NVR. There are no network connections between the cameras and the NVR...just a run of Cat5e. If I have this right, your unit is not POE so your setup is very different. Maybe I'm missing something.
Z-Man

Post by Z-Man »

I have 6 POE cameras connected directly to a NV4108E. They never drop. I've had them connected that way now for over 1 year. Rock solid. I ran the cables and crimped them myself. Have you tried running a POE camera on a short cable (6ft - 15ft)? Let it run that way for a few days and see if the connection still drops.
gleapman

Post by gleapman »

Appreciate you jumping in and making suggestions. Two of the four hard-wired POE cameras are within 15 feet with the other two within 25 feet. I also set up another three through the home network when we're out of town (and a fourth POE camera with a couple of patches and maybe a 50-foot total run). All of them disconnect over time, from a couple of days to a week or so. It seems to happen more quickly when I set up an automatic daily reboot. And when I try to fix it remotely from a laptop using Surveillance Pro, sometimes it knocks the NVR offline.

I need to be more scientific in my testing to log when which cameras go out. So far I haven't noticed a pattern.