NVR clocks and Daylight Savings

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
softbox

NVR clocks and Daylight Savings

Post by softbox »

Hey everyone. I seem to struggle with this every time we have to change clocks for DST.

My NVRs and cameras always seem to be an hour off. Currently as I post this, it is 11:15AM CST in Texas. My NVR and cameras are set to (UTC-6:00) Central Time (US & Canada), DST is set from 2nd Sunday of March at 12:00AM till 1st Sunday of Nov at 12:00AM. NTP servers are enabled, refreshed every 10min.

However, the clock is an hour behind. If I click "Sync PC", the time updates correctly to what my PC shows (my PC clock/timezone is set correctly), but the timezone switches to (UTC-5:00) Bogota on NVR1, and (UTC-6:00) Central America on NVR2.

If I manually set the timezone to Central, leave the DST settings as above, and wait, when the NTP sync occurs, the clock moves back an hour.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I don't know why this is so difficult to set up. And it's also a bit annoying that the NVRS use UTC, but cameras use GMT.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR clocks and Daylight Savings

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sadly had the same issue I gave up and turned off NTP and I just know I have to setup my own times on the magic days.. Another thing I have done because my system likes to be a PITA I also turn my NVR to Resync my IPC clocks every 12hrs.. Every 24 always seems something somewhere would get all Time Hurt.. No issues since..
Be Safe.
softbox

Post by softbox »

@Revo2Maxx how did you set it? I disabled NTP, but even when the correct timezone is set, the clock will revert back on its own. I have to leave it as the incorrect time zone in order for the clock to display correctly.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry Once the NTP is turned off I also have time clock turned off and your right mine also changed 1 time to wrong time however I then clicked sync with computer while I was connected WebUI and it changes I press save and that is where it stays.. I will admit it does fall back about 2 min after for some reason I can't get all my DVR/NVRs on the same time longer then 24hours always seems one or 2 of them fall back a couple of Minutes but then stays there.. If your clock don't stay after a reboot and your Battery in side the case is change able I would change it..
Be Safe.