NVR and SD Card simultaneous recording

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
geronimo

NVR and SD Card simultaneous recording

Post by geronimo »

I have several Amcrest IP cameras using wifi to connect to the router. I have them all set up using the browser interface. Now, I am only recording to an SD Card on the camera themselves. Under "Storage", "Destination", only one option is allowed.

If I buy an Amcrest IP NVR, can I continue to record continuously and on motion to the SD Card while also recording motion events to the NVR? In other words, does the setup on the NVR nullify the setup on the camera?

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR and SD Card simultaneous recording

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes you can also record to a DVR/NVR and your SD card at the same time. I have mine setup to record over WIFI to my TVI Dvr, over my ETH0 port to my Amcrest CVI dvr and it also records to the SD card as well. At times even with all that I will connect with IE or ASP and do a Local record at times as well...
Be Safe.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

Thanks.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

Okay, so I bought this Amcrest NV1104. I set up four of my cameras on it and they all work fine and record whatever I direct them to. The user interface is a bit awkward, but I'm learning how to use it.

Anyway, I have an issue I can't figure out. Reading the little user guide three times didn't help. I can view all four cameras on the screen................but not at the same time. I set it for viewing four, and three of them will show up. The fourth block is black, except for the clock and channel number on that camera. If I double click on that block, it will show that camera in full screen. When I exit the full screen, it shows that camera and two others, but not a fourth. I can get any of the cameras showing, but only three at a time. Also, whichever camera is not showing, also won't record motion events.

How do I get all four cameras showing at once?

Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure how your system is set up or what cameras you have. It almost sounds like the Limits of your NVR. I know if I remember right that NVR has ability to Live View 2ch at 1080p or 4 at 720p While I am not sure about recording but it might be a limit thing like with the ability to stream live feeds...

So while it is an NVR with everything there is limits that things can do. Like hardware or software limits. I am going to guess that might be what the issue is...

If your cameras are 1080 I would think that if you change encoding down to 720p that would get you all 4 cameras. I know why do that if your cameras are able to do 1080p. I don't know just offering something that might get things working on all 4 chs...
Be Safe.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

Thanks for your response.

I suspect that you are correct. However, the NV1104 advertises to handle four 1080p cameras. I have loaded three IPM723 1.3 MP and one IP2M841 2 MP cameras on it. It's my understanding that 2 MP equals 1080P, so the other three would be less than that or 960P. It seems like it would handle all four of them.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

I went and changed the mainstream video on the IP2M841 camera to 720P. There was no 960P setting on it like on the IPM723 cameras. Now, they all show up on the same screen.

I guess Amcrest over stated the capability of this NVR................or I totally misunderstood what they meant when they stated this "This Amcrest 4-channel NVR supports allows you to simultaneously manage and record up to four 1080p (2.1MP) cameras @ 30fps realtime to deliver video quality and performance that is unsurpassed in the consumer security technologies market."
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure where you bought the NVR, Sorry if someone made an over statement of facts. What I do know is that the info I was referring to was info that was from their website some months ago when I was looking into buying one. I just looked again at the website and it does mention about 1080p x2 or 720p x 4 Never looked over manual at the time to better understand the system.. That info is in the main page info here... https://amcrest.com/amcrest-hd-nvr-4ch- ... v1104.html
Be Safe.
geronimo

Post by geronimo »

Here is a link to another one Amcrest is selling on eBay. Scroll down through the description and you'll see what I quoted. There's definitely a difference between what you linked and this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amcrest-NVR-10 ... Swz7Nah0JP

It's not a major deal, I just bought it to play around with and learn from. I mostly view my cameras on the computer.