NVR and DVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
timlab5555

NVR and DVR

Post by timlab5555 »

I currently have 2 DVR's (one in my house) and the other in my barn. Tomorrow I'm getting my new NVR (NV4116-A2). Now I've seen some video's that my two DVR's can be connected to my NVR. If this is true, what and were can I get the instructions?
Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR and DVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum..

Your New NVR will need to be connected to the same Network as your DVR's. Then if the DVR's have a Zero Channel Option for on or Off make sure that the DVR has Zero Channel Turned on. Then when you make your camera search in your NVR it will load the first camera in the list into the NVR (With Zero Channel off it may only let 1 channel of the DVR load to NVR that is why you want Zero Channel on)

Next when you bring in the camera and you add another one you will need to add it manually because it will see it is already added that Ip however when you add it for the second time it might give you option right away if not and load channel 1 again click on the NVR management button, camera, then in the bottom box where the 2 ch1 is loaded click the Pencil icon, then click connect and choose the channel you want to connect to the full range of the DVR should come into play.

Here is an unlisted Video I put on about this topic
https://youtu.be/zUC_GI9WleU

Then if you look here starting at 1137 in the video you can see where I am talking about adding in the channels of the recorder 1-8
https://youtu.be/qosgCuzKX6U
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

I thank you for your answers. I guess I should of been more informative than I was. I have DVR's like I said. One is a AMDVTENL8-H5 and the other is a AMDVTENL16-H5. The reason why I bring this up is because in your post you mentioned that DVR has Zero Channel Turned on. Where can I find this on both of my DVR? What problems will come about if my DVR's don't have this "Zero Channel"?
Sorry for the questions here, but here is the next:
When I get my NVR and put in the new HHD, which system do I use, Amcrest Survillance or PC-NVR from amcrest to do the setup and this Zero Channel thing?
Please remember, I'm a newbie at this stuff, esp. with an NVR.
Thanks
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Dan. Sorry. I should have said Check that your system has Zero Channel. If it is off then turn it on. You can find this most times in your GUI of the DVR (Local Interface) right click, then Display and if there is a Zero Channel tab and in some cases just a enable box if tab click the tab and enable. If it don't have a Zero Channel 1 of 2 things can happen. First and the one We don't want to be the case. It will only pull from Channel 1 of the DVR. Second and what can be the case as well. That Zero Channel is already enabled and there is no option to turn off and all the channels can be pulled. So in my first Video there was more about it can be done and not how to do it. The second is where I show access to the cameras off the DVR on all channels. While it might have been about an NVR to NVR it is the same info when it comes to the NVR pulling cameras off the DVR..

To Make this work. You will need to use the GUI of the NVR to setup the cameras. This is a 1 time deal and the rest of the time you can use ASP to access your NVR if that is how you prefer to access your recorders... PC-NVR is just the Recorder part of ASP If you don't have ASP setup with Pc-NVR to record then there is no need to have PC-NVR active.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a Video I just made that I will leave Unlisted to my youtube channel. You can get to it from this link. https://youtu.be/SlOORuTM50Q
I show using WebUI of my Amcrest NVR 4108E-HS that is an older model to your A2 version. I show only installing Channel 4 to my NVR but you get the idea how to do it with this video over the other ones. All my Videos are just as they are I don't make any script to follow, I start recording and post how it comes out. If this don't clear up anything that was not clear before. I am willing to try and clear up anything that might be missing.
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

If I have a 16 channel nvr how can it be pulling 33 cameras?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It can't pull in more channels then your NVR has. Pull in ones most important. Next using ASP to display your recordrrs is an idea. Talking with someone local with some 10year + older dvr I showed him today from access to my recorders how he could watch all his remote recorders on his home PC using just ASP with Amcrest recorders.
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

Did you get my last post that I sent to you last night?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Only see a post asking about more then 16ch dvr pulling into a 16ch NVR. Outside of that post no I don't see any other post from last night?
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

MMMMMM, that is strange, I know I hit Post Reply or maybe I didn't. New things: ASP = I think I figure that out. ASP that you get references is Amcrest Surveillance Pro (ASP). If I'm right sorry it took me so long to figure it out. Anyway, to catch you up to speed on things here. First off in your post you mentioned something about helping a person out with their recorder. I hope one day I will have enough to help someone out just like you did. Now when it comes to computers and raspberry Pi's, I got your back. Anything outside the that ball park I'm new. My question to you is do you work for Amcrest as well as the Board Admin? OKay, so here it goes, from my message last night. I live on a farm, so wifi for me isn't a thing. If I lived in the city, that would be a different story. So far, my new NVR is pulling in (and I'm not lieing to you) 5 wifi carmeras from my house and then another 12 cameras from my DVR over in the barn. If I know counting that's a total of 20 cameras, and the NVR is recording all of them or the 5 new cameras I just put up today. So how is this possible if my NVR is only 16 channels? I have attached a picture of my ASP menu. Do you see where the CAM1 is "X" out? Now how can I tell ASP to take it all the way out, like it was never there?
Well got to run. Thanks
Dan