NVR and DVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR and DVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok first, I don't work for Amcrest. I am just here as an Admin to help keep the spammers at bay and to try and help others with questions that I might or others that are also admin that do the same. There are other normal users that also will help out others if they have some insight to an issue as is what a Forum was designed. Infact oddly sometimes the Amcrest users made it to Support before finding the forum and most times the issue they are having might not be 100% an issue of an Amcrest device and with the help of the people from the Forum might be able to find the Solution.

Next about your counting I am little slow sorry, What I read in your post and I might be wrong! But what I read is that you said 5 Wifi cameras and 12 others. That is 17. So to be honest I couldn't tell you how you were or are and if it really has been done having more cameras then your NVR is setup for.
The 4116-A2 is an advanced model of the 4116E-HS that I own. My 16ch NVR will only let 16ch of cameras online. How can you setup ASP to show that you have 17cameras well that can be done. But looking at the WebUI of a 16ch NVR there is going to be options for 16ch, 9ch, 8ch, 4ch and 1 channel in the GUI and from Chrome that isn't even a thing anymore outside of 1 channel or 4 channels as options..

Now if you are asking how come your AVP (Amcrest View Pro) app has 17 or even 18 channels showing on your app that you could load my guess is it would have 17 that is because there could be a Zero Channel Option. If the bug is still there in the A2 don't let others use the Zero Channel. That could be bad for business..

Outside of that I have 16ch DVR that is 24channels if I turn on Ip cameras ability. Have another 8ch that is 16ch if I turn on IP and some others that only offer Ip channels if I turn off the BNC channels so nothing extra there... Like a 8m8-H5 will have the normal 8 and I think it has ability to add in 4 IP and then it would turn that DVR into a 12 channel recorder...

Also sorry don't see any picture. If you didn't add it to the Amcrest server it might not show unless it was hosted on a Image server with a good link to the picture.. Click Full Editor & Preview and after you do that you can click attachments tab then click on add an image and then it will ask for location of the image to upload, It will do the upload to Amcrest . Then you press the Insert into the page of your reply and Submit and it will post the picture..
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

I hope this comes through now. That Cam 1 you see in this picture under Dan NVR, where is this coming from and how do I get rid of it? As you can see I have under Barn (DVR), 16 channels. Under Dan NVR I have 5 = 21 channels that I can view. :D
aspmenu1.png
aspmenu1.png (14.85 KiB) Viewed 2179 times
21 - 16 = 5 extra channels :).
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok sorry guess I don't understand your question. In ASP that is what it looks like the picture you have is of? You can View up to 64 cameras on 1 machine in one screen using ASP. However in the picture there are 4 cameras turned on (active) when that picture was taken. 1 on 16ch and 3 on the other. From your post before the question was in my mind how can you have more then 16ch (cameras) in your new 4116-A2 NVR? No way I know of out side of using ASP that is a Video Management Software or some other 32ch NVR or matrix device, or some other 3rd party software .
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a Picture of some of my systems online in ASP. About your missing camera in your NVR. Remove it form your NVR if you have then right click Dan NVR and click on Refresh and then it should go away. I removed a POE camera from one of my NVR's and then made first image from that still showing on my NVR, 2nd picture you can see that channel is now missing.. Also you can not see them all but in my display I have 36 cameras open. The missing camera is in the 4108E-HS (first one last camera)
Screenshot (189).png
Screenshot (189).png (28.52 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
Screenshot (190).png
Screenshot (190).png (26.32 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
Be Safe.
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

Yep I'm right, when I type it in the Full Editor it doesn't save it to the fourm. When I use Quick Reply it does.
Dan
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

Here's my next question if you don't mind. I'm looking for next years camera for my barn, so I know how much to spend. On each side of the barn I would like to put 2 PTZ cameras. One on the left side and the other on the right side. Inside of the barn (where the horse are), I'm going to put my PTZ camera that I have already. Then inside I''m going to put 1 bullet camera in the tack room and the other inside the tool room. So that equals 5 cameras total. Again, because I live out in the country, people stealing my stuff is none! No one knows I live back here and it's been quite for the last 15 years. No car break ins, no nothing. As for the PTZ cameras I would like to have it track automatically and once it sees something for it to lock on it until it's out of sight. My other quesiton is do turrent cameras move?
Thanks
Dan
timlab5555

Post by timlab5555 »

There is no problem with the Full Editor. I just realize that the fourm has a timer on. The last item I type in back on 9/24/23 @ 10:35 took me well over 30 mins before I hit the submit button. I guess if you pass the time limit, it ask you to sign back in and then you have to start all over again.
Dan
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

At just under 600 this is the camera I would get if you could afford it. With 25x zoom and there are mounts you can buy that can be used for different needs they have it on the Spec Sheet for the camera. Also in the sheet says it has IVS Auto Tracking..
https://amcrest.com/4mp-poe-camera-ptz- ... ew-ai.html

About Turrets? Once you install them no they don't move. If you see some specs that say Pan and Tilt that just means what you can move the camera within the mount for many different mounts ways.. If you see a camera that says it is a PT like some of the cheaper cameras offered. That means it is a Static Camera image with a Pan and Tilt with no zoom. Then if you see it says PTZ that would mean it would have Pan Tilt and Zoom of some sort, some as little as 3x, 4x, 5x, 10x, 12x, 20x, 25x and there are some very costly cameras that can even be much more then that like 100x but the cost of a 100x camera would be over a couple grand+ these days.
Be Safe.
JimmyFal

Post by JimmyFal »

Revo, why are they calling this a "new release" if you were posting about it back here in September? Just Curious...
My Cameras

IP8M-VB2696EW-AI
IP8M-2796EW-AI
IP8M-T2669EW-AI
IP5M-1190W
IPM4M-1041B
IP3M-941B
ASH22-W
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry what is a New Release? I mean if the A2 I would guess that it was NEW to the HS model. There are some things in the New that has been there for a few years. it might also be something new for being back in Stock?
Be Safe.