NVR and AmcrestViewPro Not Connecting

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
xxlt250rxx

NVR and AmcrestViewPro Not Connecting

Post by xxlt250rxx »

Been using the AmcrestViewPro app for over a year now. Last few days I can see my DVR/cameras through the live view when on wi-fi. As soon as I go off wi-fi, the app can't connect to my cameras. The NVR is a NV5216E. P2P is “Enabled” but is “Offline”. I have updated the firmware on the DVR, did not help. I have restarted the router, also did not help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR and AmcrestViewPro Not Connecting

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So it looks like the issue is the P2P is offline..

You will need to make sure that is enabled in the NVR and that the NVR has access to your Internet.. Once them 2 things are met the next thing that needs to be done is make sure that your Connection within your App is setup using the P2P and not using the IP address.. Seeing you can see it while at home or on your Wifi it has to be your using IP because your able to connect and the NVR has the P2P offline... So you will want to Remove the NVR from your AVP app and then press teh + to add it back, Then time pick the P2P option and once it is setup you should go able to access your NVR from home and away from home Wifi without issue...
Screenshot (1050).png
Screenshot (1050).png (45.46 KiB) Viewed 14794 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
xxlt250rxx

Post by xxlt250rxx »

The NVR is connected to the same router for the last year (I tried a new Cat6 cable). P2P is enabled but offline.
Attachments
P2P.JPG
P2P.JPG (98.65 KiB) Viewed 14790 times
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@xxlt250rxx
Perhaps something has changed in your ISP, router, or firewall that blocks communications in one or both directions between the NVR and Amcrest P2P server.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah so with it Enabled, I would double check that the NVR is connected to the Network and able to access the Internet...

I have multi Level Router setup and each level has access to the Internet besides one. So if I was to connect a P2P camera and NVR or DVR with P2P enabled at that level it would be also offline. I can enable it however I have it setup this way as a way to connect IP cameras I don't trust for testing..

Also some things to check and try... Kind of important..

Make sure in your Network Tab, TCP/IP make a Good connection to a DNS server. I have all mine setup with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 some people use 1.1.1.1 in other county that will be the DNS to like APNIC servers...

I would try to make sure you have DNS filled in and that should open your P2P
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also please note that you said that you can connect at home.. The only way this could be is if your Phone or Tablet is setup using the IP method in the Amcrest View Pro App..

Once you make that change in the DNS and if that cures your problem with P2P being offline you will also need to change over to a P2P setup in your Phone app if you don't again once you leave the house the connection will be lost outside of your Wifi area...
Be Safe
hololoy112

Post by hololoy112 »

Same problem here. All of a sudden remote access to nvr stopped working.
It is all right when i am connected to wifi and in the same network with the nvr.
Whenever i disable wifi or try to connect from cellular i cannot connect to nvr and view the cameras.

Configuration is p2p.
Tried with both upnp disabled(the way it was working before) and enabled.

I will be happy if anyone can offer suggestions.

ADD:

I have updated nv4108-hs firmware with the latest one available whic added the p2p status info which rotates between offline and unauthorized
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Things to check

Firmware update should be followed by a system reset.
Being able to connect local sounds like app setup for IP connection and not P2P so after reset making sure P2P is enabbled and that dns info is set in network tab

Fw update from older fw to 2019 or newer reset is a must formats way different
Be Safe
hololoy112

Post by hololoy112 »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:37 am Things to check

Firmware update should be followed by a system reset.
Being able to connect local sounds like app setup for IP connection and not P2P so after reset making sure P2P is enabbled and that dns info is set in network tab

Fw update from older fw to 2019 or newer reset is a must formats way different
After the firmware update, i factory resetted the nvr. Still no access outside same wifi network.
P2p is enabled however status is changing between unauthorized and offlie. Upnp is enabled at both nvr and router(status=success).
Dns are 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 as they were before when everything was butter smooth.

Don’t know what else to try
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

It might be a Server side Issue.. It might be that the Server that was waiting for the Client is out of the loop and maybe there are to many Hoops for a clean access.. My cabin was having some issues a couple of months ago. To save time I have my Neighbor up there with a Key and had him go Reset my Router.. The day he did that I wasn't able to connect even though I had a connection at another location that is over 2500 miles away. Tested the connection again day before I was going to go to the cabin my self and it was back online again so I am not sure..

How long has it been that it don't work?

Also Not sure I understand that it works when your connected to your local Wifi.. The issue with the App connection is there is IP this connection will work only when in same Wifi network as your NVR is in.. Or if Port Forwarding and DDNS has been setup with some type of connection setup or being able to remember the IP of your Internet connection out side the house..
When P2P is setup on the Phone or Tab the connection never falls back to being on a local IP it is still over P2P connection...

SO I would double check the Phone or Tab App Amcrest View Pro and make sure it is setup for P2P in the App.. If the DVR/NVR is offline in P2P it won't work when your connected even locally...

Bring up app. Click on the Icon Top Left 3 lines 3 dots and click on the Device Manager, click on Device you want to look at then click on the Pencil and at the top of that page it will say what type of Connection P2P or IP... If it isn't setup for P2P then Delete that Device from the app and press the + to add it back making sure to setup in P2P format...
Be Safe