NVR Accessible over internet but not camera feeds

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
lensdigital

NVR Accessible over internet but not camera feeds

Post by lensdigital »

I setup port forwarding for my NV4108-HS NVR. It works fine via Amcrest phone app, I can see all camera feeds, but when I try it from the Chrome or Edge I can see NVR interface and change settings, but none of the camera feeds are showing up. I'm only forwarding HTTP port. What am I doing wrong? I also tried playback and it's same issue...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR Accessible over internet but not camera feeds

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

So you can see on the Phone app because the app I am going to guess is using P2P and not the IP of the forwarded device..

For best results maybe use Amcrest Surveillance Pro and use P2P and then you don't have to Port Forward anything..

However if you have to Port forward then you will need to make sure that you setup your NVR to forward the Ports and that you open the ports that are needed. That will be TCP, UDP and HTTP unless your doing HTTPS then it will be that port. Once you setup your NVR to forward them ports some times people will do it like TCP 37777 and UDP 37778 and HTTP 37779.

So then normally it would be your-ip-address:37779 to access your system..

Also note because your asking about what looks like the Non Poe NVR if you were to try to access the cameras on your connection remotely they will not work because they will also need to be port forwarded.. However all feeds in the NVR and playback should work as expected..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@Revo2Maxx
For remote network connected cameras not port forwarded, you can add the Amcrest camera via P2P to ASP, and even utilize link to web to port into the camera WebUI. 
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jack7 Sorry I am not 100% sure what your meaning. If your saying that using ASP over P2P you can make connection via that connection to adjust cameras on a none POE NVR (I know that was why my post said best method for outside connection would be phone as I think that is how they had theirs setup and or best to use ASP over P2P) After that I talk about the Port Forwarding that they are trying to do. Then I am talking about when you Port forward a NVR that isn't POE, If you go to the Camera area, click on Cameras e under there to gain access because it is a normal IP camera on the normal network they wouldn't have access to each camera without first Porting each of the cameras ports..

So this again brings back to the best way for connection is to use ASP over p2p...

Sorry outside of that I am and have been sick for a little while now. So little hard to understand things right now. Sorry if I missed something or don't understand fully...

Thanks for your understanding in this matter
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@Revo2Maxx
My first post was not necessarily about OP's post but in response to a part of your post.  I was trying to say that I can access remote network attached cameras in ASP via camera P2P and no port forwarding. 
I think my comment about being able to access remote camera Web UI through ASP camera P2P is pretty significant.  I've even done that with camera 2018 plug-in firmware using Edge with IE mode.  It seemed amazing.

I've also used a non-POE NV4108-HS remote NVR added to ASP via P2P to view and replay the remote network cameras added via IP address to that remote NVR.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes again that was why my post said best to use ASP with P2P as I have and do make Remote connection and able to use ASP to configure my remote cameras be is Non-POE or POE NVR as I do have both.

However my bit about the issue is WebUI related when you port forward. When you log into your NVR over a Port Forwarded connection it is to what is forwarded. In the Case of the OP they are trying to Port Forward NVR for WebUI use.. So when you go to your NVR, Camera, down to connected camera area if you click on the e in that box for the camera it will try to load the camera in the LOCAL IP and if they are local in the network then it will work however if coming from a Wan Connection it will try to pop up the local IP and not a Ported IP like a POE NVR will.. However if it is a Ported Connection and Ported camera as well then it can work. In truth ASP over P2P is best or a VPN..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

jack7 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:33 pm @Revo2Maxx
My first post was not necessarily about OP's post but in response to a part of your post.  I was trying to say that I can access remote network attached cameras in ASP via camera P2P and no port forwarding. 
I think my comment about being able to access remote camera Web UI through ASP camera P2P is pretty significant.  I've even done that with camera 2018 plug-in firmware using Edge with IE mode.  It seemed amazing.

I've also used a non-POE NV4108-HS remote NVR added to ASP via P2P to view and replay the remote network cameras added via IP address to that remote NVR.
Like I said been under the weather for little bit and messing with my head. This kind of has me feeling like I am loosing my mind lol... WebUI though ASP? Is there something I have missed within ASP? WebUI is little different then ASP Camera Controls and Encoding.. I have not messed with ASP as much as you so you know more about it then I do. I mean I know you can Control Camera though the NVR's Device CFG, Encoding changes there and even add new or other cameras if needed. I mean maybe 80% of things can be done VIA ASP however over WebUI it is 100% of the Unix server that you are logging into and with that have access to the whole camera.

So then I was trying to figure out what is so Amazing that you were able to do it as far back as 2018, So I logged into my 4108-HS that is about 200 miles from me over ASP. So I was able to access my NVR, I was able to see the Cameras, I was able to make changes to the cameras in the ASP, I then look at the top and see something that says link to web. So l click it and it gives me a strange link to a local IP address. I then think ok Let log in I put in user, and it pops up and says enter new pass I was like huh.. Put in the current password and logged in, I then went to camera, I then click on the E next to one of my camera and I get an error that says not able to find that ip address.

So I think ok maybe lets see what happens on my 2108E that is remote, I access via ASP, I then click on Device CFG and then click on link to web, This time I don't get anything just the address with RTSP tcp ports and the HTTP port that are not open and so that connection fails. I then realize why I was able to connect to the first NVR. That is because I have the Ports opened from when I was using port forwarding method in the past. Thought I had closed all that..

So My guess is that your Connection on ASP was a Local one and the ports that it opened for your connection was (one not Blocked because it as really a local connection) and maybe that is why things worked as expected.

Maybe do it again and click on Live, and try to display the live video feeds from within the WebUI of the NVR it won't work either.. At least it didnt' for me. Even testing a Local NVR with cameras connected I can get a WebUI, I can log in but I can't display live feeds in that WebUI
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

@Revo2Maxx
OK, here's how I do it.

Set default browser to EDGE.
Go to ASP Device config.
Select a camera directly connected to a remote LAN that was added via P2P to ASP.
Click Link to Web.
NEW ROOFCAM.JPG
NEW ROOFCAM.JPG (366.53 KiB) Viewed 682 times
The only 2018 firmware camera on the remote LAN is a Dahua PTZ. So I had to use SmartPSS. When I used it once a while back, it worked for 2018 firmware after changing EDGE to IE mode.

I cannot do it by going to ASP NVR first with Device config Link to Web because it goes to the NVR Web UI and didn't work the one time I tried it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I guess I should have been more clear, In my Cameras I can see the live view from NVR or even DVR i can't bring up Live view as I said in the post With the NVR.. So I thought Ok well maybe it was because the NVR is looking for more IP within the NVR live view so I even tried my DVR's thinking like my 8m16-h5 might be able to display the BNC channels however that isn't even the case and all channels be it BNC or IP they all say the same thing Log in first I did log into the Recorder lol..

I guess in the End from the Post there is no help there for the OP to access WebUI on ASP

So this leaves the part to my First post if you want to access your system Remotely then Best to use ASP and within the ASP eco system you can make some changes to your Cameras that are online your NVR.. Out side of that you will need to make sure to open and forward TCP, UDP and HTTP for your NVR if you are Set on Remote access via Remote WebUI connection..
Screenshot (2409).png
Screenshot (2409).png (124.87 KiB) Viewed 676 times
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Sorry Also thought before I get told ASP to use cameras as well. Yes the same way you can use your ASP to access your NVR for use with your system you can also setup your cameras in ASP via P2P and have access to them outside of the NVR Eco System.

Personally I would try to keep them limited on time connected and use of NVR for most part or have a good up/down at both locations. If need to make change to camera ASP via what jack7 said might be able to complete something not able to via ASP...
Be Safe