NVR (8 PORTS/16 CHANNELS) + POE SWITCH + 12 POE CAMS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Bigdage

NVR (8 PORTS/16 CHANNELS) + POE SWITCH + 12 POE CAMS

Post by Bigdage »

I have a POE Switch 6 ports which is plugged into a 16 channel (8 port) POE NVR. I have 8 POE Cam plugged into the 8 ports NVR and 4 POE CAM into the POE switch. I successfully connected my 12 POE cams and I have video. So far so good. I have no problem with my 8 cams connected to the 8 NVR ports. The problem is that overtime my 4 cams connected on my switch start ''moving around'' on my different channels (channel 9 to 16) and after a while I lose the connection of those 4 cameras. I do the setup again for those cameras and history repeats after a while.
My question is:
Just like the ports 1 to 8 behind the NVR (channel 1 to 8 alson), is it possible ''to lock'' my 4 cams plugged into the switch for them to stay lock in place in channel 9-10-11-12 ?
Pogo

Re: NVR (8 PORTS/16 CHANNELS) + POE SWITCH + 12 POE CAMS

Post by Pogo »

Which 8 port POE NVR are we talking about that also provides 8 more IP channels?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: NVR (8 PORTS/16 CHANNELS) + POE SWITCH + 12 POE CAMS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

My guess that are asking about a 4116E.or some thing in then lines that has 8 poe ports and 16ch total.

However I personally never tried to place switch on one of ports to bring in other cameras because my NVR only work off 4 of the block at a time. Meaning with switch plugged into port8 I could only assign ports 5-8 So maybe they have 5xxx nvr like 5216 8p and that is different that may let cameras be placed in different blocks.

Log into cameras WebUI and set the Network data to Static. Then cameras won't change Ip on nvrs reboot. My guess is DHCP is set and after NVR reboots it gives ip to camera differently and puts that ip on channel it was setup for. Only way I could see this happening.

However I could be wrong and with that maybe they have it setup the way normally would be with 8 cameras going to the 8 port, the switch connected to the NVR's Network port and the other 4 cameras connected to the Switch. That is normally how it would be connected however there is only 1 thing that is missing. A DHCP server unless they have a Router that is down line that handles the IP for the cameras. That would make sense to me. With that again best to log into the Cameras WebUI and click on Setup then Network and TCP/IP and change connection type from DHCP to Static. Once you do that and save that camera will load up on the IP every time it boots and the DHCP won't pass the IP out to others from it's pool..
Be Safe.